Road Warrior DVD Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Stone, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Dan Stone

Dan Stone Stunt Coordinator

Like many people, I love The Road Warrior and am interested in picking it up on DVD (despite whether the special edition comes out or not), but have one concern. I recall seeing a trailer for The Road Warrior on another DVD (I think it was the second release of Stargate on DVD) quite some time ago and I noticed that a clip of the dialog from The Humungus was with a different voice than the LD versions that I own. The voice on my LD versions matches what I recall seeing in the theater when the movie first came out.

I'm curious as to whether this was something contained only in the trailer I saw or whether the voiceover was indeed changed. Has anyone else noticed this or can anyone verify that the voice on the current DVD is the original voice?

Thanks,

Dan

2. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    The original Australian Actor's voices were removed and dubbed for the U.S. release of the Movie.
    It was thought that the American Audiences would not understand the Aussie Dialect.

I would guess that one of your sources probably contains the U.S. Dubbed version and the other the original Australian Soundtrack.

Mel Gibson has just signed up for another in the Mad Max series.
    It will have the same Director and writer ( Dr George Miller) as the previous 3.
    Mel Gibson had said that he would only return if an acceptable script was presented to him.
    George Miller has been working on the script for several years, so obviously it must be OK, for Mel to agree.

It will be the first one not shot in OZ.
    I believe they maybe heading to Africa for this one.

3. Hank

Hank Guest

I too have heard a different voice in a trailer somewhere. It's just like the Mad Max SE that includes the original Aussie track. Many people still like the American dubbed voice over for the Knightrider.

4. Dan Stone

Dan Stone Stunt Coordinator