"Road to Perdition" - Separate DTS release

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam_S, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    Dvdfile has announced that Road to Perdition will be getting three separate releases, a pan and scan, an anamorphic widescreen dolby, and an anamorphic widescreen DTS release. All three releases will have the same extras (I'd presume a two disc set for a high profile release such as this)
    Now other than this being absolutely fabulous news, the real question is if this will be a full bit rate 6.1 DTS ES discrete mix, that would be absolutely stunning I'm sure. (now I'm also wondering if Musy X (Blade II LOTR) is remixing it). I'm almost certain this was 6.1 dts when I saw it, so correct me if I'm wrong, and it was an ES release.
    Quick question to all the dvd trivia nuts, are there any full bit rate dts dvds in 6.1? I know studios pretty much halted full bitrate dts a couple years ago, and 6.1 has never really taken off completely in theaters, so have any films that were originally mixed for 6.1 ever been presented in full bit rate 6.1?
    Adam

2. Dean DeMass

Dean DeMass Screenwriter

This is good news. This should give the video the best possible look on all releases. I loved Perdition and the sound was incredible. I cant wait to hear that Tommy Gun in all its DTS glory again.

-Dean-

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    If they use the extra space on the DD disc to immensely increase the picture quality: fair!

Cees

4. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    We better get a full bitrate mix then. As it would probably be the only reason to do separate releases.

5. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Not only full bitrate DTS, but how about a DTS 96/24 track? Now that would be something...

6. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Not holding my breath on full bitrate... If universal didn't bother doing it on Jurassic Park and Lost World which only really had a documentary alongisde the film on the DTS releases, then I'd be surprised if Perdition with all it's other extras and commentary had full bitrate.

Dan

7. Declan

Declan Second Unit

DTS version for me please. One of the best movies of the year............so far, only 2 weeks to the day till were back in Middle earth.

8. Jens Raethel

Jens Raethel Second Unit

Jens
    Any news about the DTS version, is it going to be in full bit rate??

9. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I'd love to know the answer to this myself. That would be totally awesome if this flick were to be in full bit rate DTS. Though I highly doubt Dreamworks will do it. But you can always wish! [​IMG]

10. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    this is a two disc set correct? I don't see why it wouldn't be since the film did well and it's a high profile release. So presuming all the making ofs are on the second disc that leaves only the commentary on the first disc, I don't think the video will be hurt even with two 334 or lower dolby stereo commentaries:
    Full Bit Rate DTS
    dolby stereo 334 (to fulfill the dvdforum specs obligations)
    334 commentary (I think there is only one correct me if I'm wrong)
    That should still leave plenty of space on a dual layer dvd for a high quality video presentation.
    there's no need for dolby 5.1 with a separate dts release, and Dances with Wolves DTS had a commentary.

11. Tim Ke

Tim Ke Stunt Coordinator

i did't think this was 2-discs...

12. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I have a feeling this is only one disc as well, because other than the commentary track, the only extras are deleted scenes and a featurette.