Road to Perdition Feb 25, 2003

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Nov 20, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    I'm all over this disc. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Road to Perdition = Best Film of 2002, IMO.

3. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Fantastic. I've been waiting for this to be announced. Looks like I'll have something to buy come Feb.

4. PaulP

PaulP Producer

DVDFile says it's February 25th. And it will have a Mendes commentary and deleted scenes, something American Beauty did not, quite sadly.
    In my eyes Road to Perdition should win at least the Best Picture Oscar. Maybe also Best Director and Actor. [​IMG]

5. Jedrek

Jedrek Stunt Coordinator

Nice. I never caught this one in theaters, so I'll be sure to check it out. [​IMG]

6. Bill J

Bill J Producer

7. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    dvdfile.com had it previously listed as 2/11, but they have since changed it to 2/25. That is why the thread title had an incorrect date (which has since been corrected).

8. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

Brandon, like you, I'm all over this disc![​IMG]
    I've been waiting on this announcement since I saw it in the theater. Excellent film and story with Hanks always at his [​IMG] best . The gunfire scenes should sound awesome with that DTS track! Thank goodness it's a Dreamworks picture so we can get that DTS track thrown in there!! [​IMG]
    Later!!
    Troy

9. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

I think this will be a purchase for me as well. I didn't catch it in the theaters but will buy site unseen.

10. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Looking forward to this as well. Comes out right before my birthday, so I may not even have to pay for it myself. Woohoo! Really loved in the theaters; it was like watching a graphic novel (it's based on one). Fantastic cinematography.

11. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Guess the change in date has to do with the fact that the Oscars will be announced at the same time.
    Paul Newman will be awarded an Academy imo, he is absolutely brilliant
    [​IMG]

12. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

I haven't seen it either, but I just finished reading the graphic novel last night, and now I really want to see the movie.

13. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

For those of you who have not seen it and enjoy acting at is's best, you are in for a serious treat. This is also the best movie of 2002 in my opinion. I can't wait.

14. Declan

Declan Second Unit

i'm in the middle of reading the graphic novel at the min. It's good but some of the way certain bits are played in the film are better. The Jude Law character (from what i've read so far, i'm nearly finished the book) is'nt in it at all. The film follows the book closely for the first half but takes a slightly different route in the second. Which i think was the right choice, as if the film followed the book, Kevin Costner might have been in it.

Love the film, and I was thrilled to see this bit of news today, although i thought that it would be out next month, aw well............it's comin and that the main thing, too much to buy over the next few weeks anyway.

15. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva Stunt Coordinator

According to DvdFile:

no commentary is provided on the feature itself

Only on the Deleted Scenes.

16. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

Hmm, interesting.. [​IMG]
    I was under the impression that Sam Mendes didn't like deleted scenes available on DVD. I'm a little narked that the American Beauty DVD didn't have some of the famous deleted scenes, as seen on early versions of the film.
    Never mind, I'll snap up the disc, purely for Conrad L. Hall's luscious photography.

17. Sam E. Torres

Sam E. Torres Second Unit

18. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

19. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

From Video Business:

NOV. 21 | DreamWorks Home Entertainment will bow Oscar contender Road to Perdition on Feb. 25 in the midst of awards season. Prebook is Jan. 21 for VHS and Feb. 4 for DVD.

The $105 million box office draw will be priced at $19.95 MAP (no SRP) on DVD and for rent on VHS.

Directed by Sam Mendes (American Beauty), Perdition stars Tom Hanks as a tough Irish gangster during the 1930s who travels both literally and figuratively down the road to Perdition hoping his only son doesn't follow in his footsteps. The film also stars Paul Newman, Jude Law, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Stanley Tucci.

The DVD includes deleted scenes that feature commentary by Mendes and a "making of" documentary. There is no director's commentary on the movie.

DreamWorks will back up the release with a multimillion-dollar national TV advertising campaign running through February sweeps and through Oscar season and with online promotions and home video trailers.

20. RonR

RonR Stunt Coordinator

Outstanding movie. Here's hoping they throw everything but the kitchen sink into this release.