What's new

Road Runner Internet and wireless router (1 Viewer)

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
Changing from Verizon adsl, which has been slow and far from reliable, to Road Runner inernet from BrightHouse inTampa which is via cable. Thinking of going wireleess at the same time and they are offering a "special deal" on a wireless router of $150.00. Now, looking at Best Buy wireless routers are available for a lot less than this. So, is there anything special about this internet provider that it requires a $150.00 router?

If I do not have to get their router any suggestions as to what I should buy?

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi, Well for 150 bucks you could get a Very nice router like a Gaming Router but if your NOT a Gamer No need to get one of those. I highly doubt the Router they are giving you is a Gaming router anyway..

I would suggest just going out and get a Router yourself 150$ is a little bit high??

What do you use the internet mostly for?? ie,, Gaming..Internet,email and surfin??

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I have RR Brighthouse on the Pinellas side of the bay. I'd recommend you pick up a D-Link DIR-655 Wireless router. You can pick one up for $100 at CompUSA on Dale Mabry.

It has a very strong signal, and all the features you might need in a wireless router, including a second SSID you can set up for visitors to access wireless on wifi devices without worrying about anyone gaining access to your personal network and computers.

If it's more powerful than you need, there are less expensive alternatives available. The Linksys Wireless G router is always a decent buy.

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
Thanks very much. Iam not into gaming; just use the computer for the internet and email so the D-Link siunds just the job with $50.00 left to spend on a couple oof Blu Ray titles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks