RMB 1095 Questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe e h, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Joe e h

Joe e h Stunt Coordinator

Well the RMB 1095 should be here by Tuesday. I have a few questions to anyone that has one. I am looking at 4 meters from reciever to amp location. Once I change to a pre/pro I am still thinking it will be 4 meters. What are the advantages of using the balanced inputs at that point?

Legarrie I seen you amp pictures. How far are you from the pre/pro?

2. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Joe,

Because my interconnects run behind the wall I use 20 foot interconnects. My amp is silent of any noise genetared by the long runs. The only noise I get is a slight transformer buzz that can only heard with you ear 3 - 6 inches from a speaker. It's a mechanical buzz not line noise. I get this buzz whether the amp is on top of my rack(about a 1 foot run for interconnects) or 20 feet away. Many high current amps have this transformer buzz. If your ear is farther than 6 inches away you'll never hear it.

Balanced interconnects are supposed to give better noise reduction over long runs. The 1095 isn't a fully balanced design so balanced interconnects may not help. I've read that for them to be really useful the pre/pro and the amp should both be fully balanced designs.

I also ended up with a ground loop hum after getting my amp and a new 20 amp circuit installed. I beat the crap out of the ground loop hum. If you do get the hum let me know. I might be able to help you get rid of it. You'll know if you have the hum. It's the same decibel no matter what volume you use and it's annoying as hell.

Give me a shout if i can help.