What's new

RMB-1075 + Preamp/receiver or Denon 3802 (1 Viewer)

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
I have been trying out an Integra 7.2 to match my Paradigm speakers (monitor 7, cc-370, mini-monitors, pdr-10 sub), but I feel it is too bright for my speakers. Things sound good in THX mode for movies, but music and playstation 2 games can make the ears bleed! Unfortunately, all I can do is exchange for store credit so I have a choice of Denon or Rotel.

I had the Denon 3802 previously. It was great for music, but a little dull for movies. I guess I would rather have the dullness than listening fatigue.

My other choice is going seperates. I can either add a Rotel RMB-1075 120*5 watt amp to the Integra or return the integra and add a Rotel Pre-amp.

I'm looking for a warm, but detailed sound. Is the Rotel sound warmer or brighter than the Integra? Is it worth the extra $500 for the Rotel pre-amp?

Thanks for any help!!!!

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
I guess what I really need to know is if the Rotel has a brighter sound than the Denon 3802. If the Rotel is a brighter match with the paradigms then I'll save the money and just "deal" with the faults of the Denon for a couple years until I have the money to upgrade everything. If the Rotel has just as smooth a sound as the Denon, maybe I'll splurge and spend the money for a good amp now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks