RixGrafix

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ric Easton, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

Well, I guess I'm a little late to this party. Frank told me this section may be coming, but I forgot to keep an eye out for it.

Parker has been generous enough to host my alternative Star Trek Series cover art for quite some time now. I just want to again say thank you to him for setting it all up.

I also want to thank all the members that got so involved in the creation process of my ST cover art. I used many of your suggestions and you helped me make decisions. They would not have turned out nearly as well without your input

I recently put together a web site that showcases my Star Trek cover art, explains why I didn't care for the original packaging and provides links to download the covers that are hosted back here at HTF.

I also created some Alan Lee style Lord of the Rings cover art, and they can be downloaded directly from my site.

I originally created the site because I thought I may try to go into web design. But I realized HTML, XML and all the rest of it bores me to tears! (I may get off my butt and try to learn Flash though) Then I thought I may at least have a place to show off and host some of my cover art.

I'm always looking for suggestions, so if any of you have recommendations for my new site, please let me know. I have been thinking of doing another LOTR set for the teaser posters to go with the Theatrical set (Instead of all the noggins!).

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more original stuff from other members as well as previews of what's coming up.

Ric
    RixGrafix

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Ric:

Looks great. You are quite the artist when it comes to putting this stuff together.

The only thing that I have noticed is that the text that is on the page for the LOTR TTT is jumbled together. I am sure but you may have something in your table not closed or something that you may want to look into.

I am more than happy to continue to host your ST covers and if you want to send me the ones for DS9 and LOTR I will do that too.

Just let me know.

Parker

3. Ric Easton

It displays fine for me Parker. I also checked it on a few other computers. But I have noticed on my personal website, that things were not always displaying properly on every computer. It didn't seem to matter if it was IE or Netscape, so I haven't been able to put my finger on it. I use a program called "WebEasy" It invernts its own HTML. That could be the problem. I guess its time to learn Dreamweaver or Adobe Go Live. If you can, let me know the exact page that is not displaying properly.. (is it http://www.rixgrafix.com/index_003.htm?) How does it look to the rest of you?

BTW, you're already hosting my DS9 cover art! At least what I have done, anyway! Though the page for the season 3 cover says season 2! [​IMG]

I was thinking that there probably wouldn't be much demand for the LOTR covers since only one third of the movies are presently available on video. I also didn't want to be using up all your webspace. But if you want to host then you are more than welcome to them.

One thing...
    Somewhere on my pages, I should put some copyrights/kudos to Paramount, New Line, Tolkien, Alan Lee, and the Houghton Mifflin Company (They do the books). Just not quite sure how to word it all.

Later,
    Ric

4. Ric Easton

In view of the legal ramifications, I am going to add the following to the bottom of my webpages. I got most of the wording from visitin other sites...

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Ric:

Yep, that the page I was talking about.

Thanks for the heads up on the DS9 Season 3.

Parker

6. Ric Easton

Well, I found a computer at work where the text is all jumbled up! Looks like a real mess! I'll have to figure out how to put the pages together using a better web design program.

For now, can some of you folks click on this link and tell me if the page is displaying properly for you? Also, if you can, tell me what browser and version you are using. I saw it screwed up on IE5.

Incidentally, when I thought of RixGrafix, I thought I was being original. Then I found these...

Rix Grafix
    Rix Custom Grafix
    RixGraphix

There were a few other hits as well. And here I thought I was being original. When I was trying to find a domain name I first tried RixPixels and RixPix, both of which were taken. The latter features Asian Bondage. Oh well, at least I won't be getting mixed up with that one!

Ric