Rita Rudner stand-up routines on DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gary Cliff, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Gary Cliff

Gary Cliff Stunt Coordinator

I have come across some of her routines on video, but I'm not aware of any on DVD. I remember the first time I saw her on TV; her style was just so different from everyone else's! In that routine, her recurring gagline was something like "...and officer, that's why I shot my husband" but I haven't seen this gagline on any of the videos I've come across. Is there anyone else who remembers this gagline, and is it available on DVD...or at least video? Thanks!

2. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I used to find Rita hilarious when she appeared on Evening At the Improv. Her routines can be found scattered about on various comedy anthologies, such as FUNNY LADIES VOLS 1 & 3 (4-DVD sets), JOHNNY CARSON SPECIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION (also expensive); BEST OF THE IMPROV BOX SET); she has appeared in a few movies (THE ARISTOCRATS, BITTER JESTER, PETER'S FRIENDS, etc.) but so far I am not aware of any programs devoted to her exclusively. Hope this helps.

3. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I'd like a dvd of Sarah Silverman (from Greg the Bunny and that Dinner show). I think she's on the "Funny Ladies" box set too, but I recall reading that it is an unofficial release not sanctioned by anyone who appears on it.