What's new

Rita Hayworth - Ultimate Collection from Mill Creek - 11/17/2020 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
1598107126406.png

12 Legendary Performances

Rita Hayworth is the epitome of Hollywood glamour with an unparalleled on-screen presence whose talent was only surpassed by her beauty. Her rise from a Spanish dancer and vaudeville performer to one of the world’s greatest movie goddesses is chronicled in this song, dance, drama, and suspense-filled film collection.

This special-edition Blu-ray collection features 12 legendary films presented together for the first time in high definition!

Music in My Heart (1940)
You'll Never Get Rich (1941)
Tonight and Every Night (1945)
Down To Earth (1947)
The Lady from Shanghai (1948)
The Loves of Carmen (1948)
Affair in Trinidad (1952)
Salome (1953)
Miss Sadie Thompson (1954)
Fire Down Below (1957)
Pal Joey (1957)
They Came to Cordura (1959)

Tech Specs:
Discs: 6
Format: Blu-ray
Subtitles: English Subtitles
Run Time: 1179 min.
Rating: Not Rated
Region Code: Region A
Street Date: 2020-11-17
Color: Color/B&W

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday, I placed it on our Pre-Order Listing along with Hammer Film Collection coming from Mill Creek.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'll have to think about this one. I already have 5 of the 12 titles on blu ray, one of the titles Music In My Heart isn't very good (why couldn't it have been You Were Never Lovelier instead?) so I'd be buying it for 6 titles. Still, even at 6 titles it's a good price. I'll wait for reviews on the transfers.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
And why do I suspect a box set from Indicator/Powerhouse with tons of special features coming soon. If so, I might wait for that even for a heftier price tag.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if "Cover Girl" is tied up with another label. Twilight Time version sold out awhile ago. Would be nice if it goes to Criterion. Perhaps "You Were Never Lovelier" will also end up at Criterion. Maybe a Criterion boxset with "Gilda"

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Looks like this set should be fun! I also wish You Were Never Lovelier was included (or the more recent transfer for Cover GIrl), but I'm not surprised about You Were Never Lovelier. As I recall, Twilight Time had said that they had licensed it, but it had clearance issues (music, supposedly) that Sony needed to deal with, so I would be surprised if Mill Creek got it (or Criterion). Obviously, I do hope somebody has it, even if it's Sony's MOD division, but, for the time being, I don't expect it.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
It's also possible they held back LOVELIER and COVER GIRL for an intended Volume 2. After all, most of the cream is in this set.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
I've never seen this photograph before: the top two pin-up girls of World War II together at some event. Terrific!

isn't that a beautiful high quality shot? i found online earlier this year. i almost wet my pants

when i found this shot!

also there's a lovely photo i found of Rita with Dorothy Lamour having a cig together and

looking back over at the photographer. just beautiful women.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
It's also possible they held back LOVELIER and COVER GIRL for an intended Volume 2. After all, most of the cream is in this set.
This would be great as I'd love to see some of Rita's early Columbia B-films get a release. Titles like THE GAME THAT KILLS, CONVICTED and HOMICIDE BUREAU were all on Amazon Prime last year and looked terrific.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'll have to think about this one. I already have 5 of the 12 titles on blu ray, one of the titles Music In My Heart isn't very good (why couldn't it have been You Were Never Lovelier instead?) so I'd be buying it for 6 titles. Still, even at 6 titles it's a good price. I'll wait for reviews on the transfers.
I'm in the same boat.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
I got The Films of Rita Hayworth introduced by Martin Scorsese, Baz Luhrmann & Patricia Clarkson on DVD. 5 of her films including Cover Girl, Tonight and Every Night, Gilda, Miss Sadie Thompson and Salome. The first 4 are my all-time Rita favorites. Not Blu-ray, but I'm content.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
i too have this set, i was really jazzed when i got it and wrote a rapturous review on amazon.

there was one correctable flaw, all the color films are too dark, i have to turn the brightness

on my tv up to 100- Rita's hair should read as red and not brown. i had bought all of

these films already on vhs and was comparing the PQ.

as for this set i am jazzed to upgrade to blu! looking forward to Tonight and Every Night,

The Loves of Carmen, Down to Earth, & Affair.

most Hayworth biographers say she was at her most beautiful in DTE.

i look at Hayworth in her films and go 'wow, that's beautiful.' plain and simple.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks