What's new

risque photo on Office Space cover (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I FINALLY bought Office Space on DVD and watched it. Awesome film, BTW. Anyway, I noticed on the back cover, there's a photo of Jennifer Anniston flipping the bird at her boss! I'm surprised Fox let this one slip by. Any chance this will remain on the Special Edition DVD cover? :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
errr....

this may be a stupid question... but, why not just wait a couple months for the special edition?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Because it was really cheap (14.99) and I never saw the movie before. I'll sell it on E-Bay once the special edition comes out.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
...and because great flicks are worth buying more than once, right? :D As home theater enthusiasts, this is how we show our love!

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I show my love by not buying an inferior version. Make the studio's understand to get it right the first time.
Aside from that, it is unreal to see how the back cover shot slipped by. Knowing how Hollywood is such a risk taking industry ;), it is truly shocking, indeed.
Bruce

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Make the studio's understand to get it right the first time.

Uh, Fox understands the fan base of this movie enough to put together a special edition. If anything, that is to their credit, not their detriment.

- Steve

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
And besides, the first edition is what, two years old? Granted, it's not anamorphic, but it's still a passable disc... I for one am glad to own it, and I'll be first in line to pick up the special edition. Here's hoping we get the "Milton" shorts as supplements....

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
No one on this forum should be giving Fox flak for releasing a Special Edition of this movie. It was this forum, after all, that pushed for its release in the first place.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Let me start by qualifying my position on the movie:
I, for one, found the film to be a lot less funny than I was lead to believe it would be. After one particularly hard week at work, Stephanie and I picked this one up shortly after it's markdown, figuring we would get a great price on a feature everyone says will make you pee your pants laughing...ESPECIALLY if you work in "one of those offices" (which we do; I think Dilbert writer Scott Adams must get inspiration from us).
Stephanie thought it was okay. I was even less impressed. In fact, after the film was over, we spent days finding real-life situations at work that were 10 times funnier. At least to us.
Having got that out-of-the-way, let me go on to say that J.Fo is [rant]absolutely[/rant] right! Whether or not I personally enjoy the film doesn't matter. If you can stand back there and realize that there's a big following for a title, then noone need ever criticize a studio for taking the time and effort to put out a special edition of it.
The only criticism that might take place is IF the studio plans on this before the standard edition is released, but doesn't share that info with the public. Hoping to jack up sales of the standard and THEN cash in on the SE...that's just wrong.
Fox clearly didn't do that here. They had the title out for a long time, marked it down, THEN made the go-ahead decision to cut an SE.
They should be patted-on-the-back, not vilified! My 2¢. Sorry to jump all over it here; the original post really doesn't call for everyone "whacking" back at it. But we see this again and again for many titles, and I'm just saying we should stand back and think about it before we complain. Not every situation is the same.
Oh, and about the "bird" on the back cover...never noticed that before! :laugh:

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
I also think it's important to note that, from a purely economic standpoint, the film didn't really warrant a special edition release at the time of its DVD debut. It didn't do very well at the theaters, and wouldn't find its large, rabid following until it reached home video. It was rentals of the bare-bones DVD and VHS versions of this movie (along with cable repeats on HBO and Comedy Central) that have made it a holy grail for special edition fans.

Also, you must keep in mind that Fox wasn't much of a special-edition studio at the time of this film's first release, so there wasn't much likelihood that they'd SE a theatrical flop. Luckily for us, the film fans, Fox has become a leader in DVD quality, thanks to, among others, Peter Staddon and all of the people here at HTF who make sure he knows what the public wants.

And $14.99? You're lucky; I got it for $34.95 two years ago (but I did wait to get it as a gift, rather than spend the thirty-five bucks myself).

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Dave, did you get those TPS reports taken care of? Do I need to send you the memo on those again? MMMMMMMMMkay....yeaahhhh.

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
Every time i watch this film i catch something new.
I think it was the 4th time i watched it when i noticed the name of the apt complex he (i cant think of his name) was living in, they showed a fast clip of the apartments sign as he was driving in "Morning Wood Apartments"
:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks