What's new

RIP: Yvonne de Carlo (The Munsters) (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Sorry to hear of her passing, I always thought she was a lovely lady and liked by all. R.I.P. Yvonne.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
My dad always said that she was one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood. When I first saw her in "The Ten Commandments," I couldn't agree more. Farewell, Yvonne. Thanks for sharing your talents with the world. We are going to miss you.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

Yes, indeed.

Some of my other favorites include the wonderful BAND OF ANGELS, the cult classic AMERICAN GOTHIC, and a particular episode of TALES FROM THE CRYPT ("Death Of Some Salesmen," which was also a Tim Curry delight.). Talk about both ends of the spectrum! This lady could...and did...do it all, and she did it extremely well.

And, to add even a bit more perspective to her long and illustrious career, she was also the guest star in the very first episode of BONANZA.

She will be missed.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I just read this myself. She was beautiful. The woman who made white streaks hot.
Munsters was always a fav of mine.

RIP:frowning:

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I was planing to meet her some day. But I guess it was her time. BUt she will be greatly missed.
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Not to take anything away from The Munsters, but it's a shame that a long movie career is being overlooked in favor of two years she appeared on TV. It just shows one the power and exposure of television.

Her death is something of a blessing. She'd been in a nursing home for awhile and in very frail health.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
"You lost him when he went searching for his God. I lost him when he found his God."

A magnificent lady.

R.I.P.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I was not aware she had been in poor health and was very sorry to hear of her passing. I can never judge whether others are blessed to pass away but I do know I don't want to be a bedridden invalid and a burden to my loved ones for a lengthy period when it is my time.

She was a beautiful and talented woman, what a curvy figure she had, just awesome! The thin super models are certainly beautiful, but a full figured woman with real curves like her is still hard to beat. I really knew little about her personal life and plan to read about her today.

Chris

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I will miss her but shes in a better place than we are. If she was suffering greatly she is better off.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Please refrain from bickering and the use of unnecessary religious arguments not approriate to this thread. Yvonne de Carlo deserved better than HTF members outsmarting each other at the occasion of her death. A few posts have been removed.

The first time I saw her in a movie was as Sephora in The Ten Commandments and since then recognized her in several other parts. She was in lots of Western movies (including McLintock!), had guest roles in TV series like Bonanza and my all-time favourite The Virginian. Also in Roots, in Murder She Wrote en of course a big part in The Munsters indeed.

It's a great thing that we can see those perfomances now on DVD in our homes. Still, she herself will be missed.
May she rest in peace.

Cees

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
A shame???? I'm sure a lot of actors/actresses would love to have that much fame for being on a TV show for only two years. What a testament to how popular the charater was! She should be proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks