What's new

RIP - Yvette Mimieux, 80 (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The Time Machine (1960)-1.jpg The Time Machine (1960)-2.jpg The Time Machine (1960)-3.jpg The Time Machine (1960)-4.jpg The Time Machine (1960)-5.jpg The Time Machine (1960)-6.jpg The Time Machine (1960)-7.jpg

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
The Time Machine is one of my all-time favorite movies! I’m sorry to say that other than that I have only seen Brothers Grimm and Dark of the Sun. May she Rest In Peace. 🙁

Tom Blizzard

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Blizzard
And we'll get to celebrate her again later this year when Brothers Grimm comes to Blu-ray.

R.I.P.
Thanks Matt. Guess I'm the last to know about Brothers Grimm. I signed many petitions over the years too. Fantastic! Watched my Laserdisc not too long ago. I gave up hoping for Blu-ray years ago. Your comment has made my day. Thanks

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks Matt. Guess I'm the last to know about Brothers Grimm. I signed many petitions over the years too. Fantastic! Watched my Laserdisc not too long ago. I gave up hoping for Blu-ray years ago. Your comment has made my day. Thanks
All of us who are fans of the film are beyond excited. We're going to get a pretty deluxe Blu-ray similar to what was done with How the West Was Won all those years ago with traditional letterbox and Smilebox formats, bonus features, and a restored picture that will send that laserdisc we've all been depending on all these decades to the garbage heap.

Cineman

Second Unit
Real Name
David B.
She was terrific in the under appreciated 1963 movie version of Lillian Helman's Toys in the Attic along with Dean Martin, Geraldine Page, Wendy Hiller and Gene Tierney, directed by George Roy Hill.

This is very much worth searching out to watch if you haven't seen it. It has been said Dean is miscast because he doesn't look related to the actresses portraying his sisters. No matter. Imo, he hits all the other requirements for the role perfectly. I consider it his best straight dramactic, non-comedic performance, better than his impressive and more celebrated turns in Rio Bravo and Some Came Running.

From start to devastating finish, Yvette Mimiuex is haunting, tragic and memorable in it. I am really not sure why this one was not given more attention in her career overview.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks