What's new

RIP Robin Williams (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I had never heard about Lewy body dementia. It's terrible. He had extreme courage to do what he did. It changes your perspective on what happened after you read about the disease.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
SamT said:
I had never heard about Lewy body dementia. It's terrible. He had extreme courage to do what he did. It changes your perspective on what happened after you read about the disease.
A very good friend of mine lived with this disease for many years until his death. It is indeed a horrible, slow way to die.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
SamT said:
Just saw this
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-widow-reveals-actor-836316

I really don't like the wordings there. It's nobody's place to blame or not.
Whether you do or not is immaterial, the world flooded with sentiments weighing in on his decision from all corners, lay, religious, famous, news. How could his family not have seen the sentiments from people blaming him, them, and decrying his actions as cowardly and entitled?

Our own beliefs about suicide probably get too close to P&R to discuss in depth, but that's not the point. There was a national conversation about the merits of Williams suicide and the vast majority of people didn't and likely still don't know the specifics of his health or mental state.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks