What's new

RIP Ric Ocasek of The Cars (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
At least he always got to go home to Paulina Porizkova for so many years--giving credence to the idea that musicians always get the gal! :D They met during the filming of the Cars' video of Drive. I can't imagine what he saw in her...

Ric-Ocasek-Paulina-Porizkova-rhof-2018-billboard-1548.jpg

I have Mobile Fidelity's SACD of Heartbreak City and absolutely love it. Ah...the music of our youth.

When I heard news of their separation I was a bit shocked. They always seemed like such a great couple.

28 years and a split up? Who does that?
And then this. Poor Ric Ocasek:(

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
When I heard news of their separation I was a bit shocked. They always seemed like such a great couple.

28 years and a split up? Who does that?
And then this. Poor Ric Ocasek:(
Unfortunately, that phenomena is not as rare as you would think. At least 3 colleagues at work my age have divorced after 30ish years of marriage...sad

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
So sad, and kind of what I figured when I heard of their separation:
https://www.aol.com/article/enterta...-of-his-will-for-abandonment-report/23856585/

I'm sure Paulina had her reasons, but if Rick lived another 10, or 20 years but with health issues Paulina would be burdened with taking care of him the rest of her life. "In sickness and in health" might only be words at that point especially to someone so energetic, and so much younger.

This is the danger of marrying someone that is 20 years younger.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I highly doubt that him doing that would hold up if she wanted to pursue a challenge. They were married a considerable amount of time. The divorce was not finalized. A considerable portion of his wealth had to have been accumulated while they were married, making it matrimonial wealth, not "his" wealth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks