What's new

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I'm not surprise by his passing as he didn't look good the last time I saw and heard him. May he R.I.P. as you can tell he really loved movies and the great directors that came before him.

I met him at the Chiller Theatre expo in New Jersey a number of years ago. He chatted with me for several minutes and signed one of his books for me. At the time he was upset that he was having trouble getting distribution for his film She's Funny That Way (which was then titled Squirrels to the Nuts). His books are terrific.

mskaye

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Kochman
RIP Peter B. Great director. Read his books on Fritz Lang and John Ford too. Some good articles and podcasts on/about him. The TCM one is essential listening for anyone into cinema.

and I love PB interviewing David Chase here.

sultan of cinema

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I do so love What's Up Doc. I saw it opening night at the RKO Stanley Warner twin outside of the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne NJ. It opened the same night at a small theater called Meadtown in Kinnelon and I was told by friends over the weekend, who saw it there, that the reels were run out of order! But my favorite Bogdanovich picture remains the very wonderful THEY ALL LAUGHED (1981), which has only gotten a DVD release. It opened in a small arthouse theater in NY, which is the place to see this film. John Ritter, Ben Gazzara, Audrey Hepburn, Dorothy Stratten, Colleen Camp, Patti Hansen (the best cab driver ever in a motion picture!) and company were so good, that I wanted to be with them. I love everything about the film and am hoping that a blu ray release will happen some day. The music in the film fits like a glove. It's very rare that a film makes you feel good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskogg
Recent bookmarks