What's new

RIP Number 6 / Patrick McGoohan (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I loved him in that series, and in other things (e.g., Columbo).

May he RIP.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Very sad to hear this - he was one of the few actors that I always made an extra effort to watch whatever he was in.
My deepest condolences to his family. RIP Danger Man.

Regards,

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
RIP Dr. Syn. Loved him in The Prisoner, Columbo, Braveheart & so much more but The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was always my favorite. He will be missed.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
One of the few real actors I would watch regardless of what the movie was. Loved his work on Colombo and the Prisoner. We've always needed more like him. He'll be missed. RIP.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
My favorite living actor is living no more.

He turned down being James Bond because he thought the role contained little more than sex and violence and instead gave us a look at a real flesh-and-blood secret agent, John Drake, who ultimately resigned for moral reasons and became Number Six. Too bad for legal reasons he couldn't keep using the name John Drake.

He would have been great as Aldous Dumbledor (sp?) in the Harry Potter movies, too, but had to decline for health reasons.

He was married to the same woman for some 60 years (that's more than two hundred in Hollywood-marriage years!).

With thumb and index finger circled and flicking away from his forehead, one last time he says, "I'll be seeing you."

John Watson

Screenwriter
There are several other threads currently open here, but this seems to have been the first.

Because of his role as The Prisoner, many of us took him to be a hero, rather than just an actor. As such he certainly inspired me.

RIP

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Wow really Secret Agent/Danger Man was and is one of my all time favorite tv shows of all time , Patrick Mcgoohan was the king of cool in my book James Bond would have been a step down from John Drake. Secret Agent and the Prisoner were first two series I collected on DVD. Pat was great actor and a professional and could play good/bad guy or comedy with easy. For the young If you havent figure out the quote in my sig is from the prisoner. He will truely be missed.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
What a terrible, terrible shock and loss. Obviously he was my favourite actor yet I had no idea he had passed until I read it here. His life exemplified that indeed no man is a number.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Like John, I thought Patrick McGoohan was something more than an actor. There was a quiet intelligence about every role he had - even the broader ones - that captured one's interest, drawing you into the part. I'm reminded of when he was making Danger Man he opposed suggestions by writers who wanted more fights, guns, and gadgets pushing instead to portray a true professional who didn't easily rely on such things. From what I know of him, he was a man of convictions, which I've always admired about him. Even in the 60s and early 70s, his characters almost seemed to come from a different era.
I'll certainly miss him but very glad we had him for the time that we did.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
And now Ricardo Montalban. jeez. it'll be a sad montage (as always) at the academy awards.

BobSchneider

Second Unit

Honestly one of reasons and a kid and as adult I was drawn to secret agent because the show unlike james bond Secret Agent struck a nice balance between , gadgets, action and story telling. 95% of the time drake all he had to rely on his wits, daring and humanity, yes for a spy drake was extremely loyal to his friends (a room in a basement , fair exchange) protected weak (you get no marks for severvilty) it was a truely amazing show that make most modern tv dramas look like the crap that they are , But what made the Secret Agent true great was Patrick Mcgoohan.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very sad to read the news. For years I have been hoping to see him in something else. I wonder if he had any involvement (behind the camera) of the new AMC Prisoner.

There are far too few people who exuded intelligence on television; McGoohan did so abundantly.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Sad news indeed. One of my very favourite actors. Unforgettable as no. 6 of course.

May he rest in peace. I guess he will be meeting No. 1 now, finally.
He won't be forgotten.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks