What's new

RIP Norm Macdonald (1 Viewer)

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
How sad. I always thought Norm was very funny and talented. Cancer must have affected his career, he was less and less active after SNL, and I never understood it. Now it makes sense.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holy crap, I'm shaken. After Dennis Miller left, Norm was the first Weekend Update anchor who clicked with me on SNL. And it was never as good as it was after he was replaced because of his classic O.J.-bits. I saw Dirty Work in the theater. I stand by his Burt Reynolds being the funniest impression that's ever been on the show, just a gum-smacking asshole who summed up his keep: he didn't care if it was funny or not, as long as it was funny to him. Worked wonders for me.

Fuck you, cancer.

Last edited:

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Sad news indeed. One of my favorite story/joke tellers of all time. So sorry to hear that he had been living with cancer for so long. RIP Norm.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I share the sentiments expressed in this thread. Incredibly funny and my all time favorite news anchor on SNL (if for no other reason than the OJ material). His appearances on Dennis Miller's old show were always great. (The 'Joe Camel' bit is a favorite.)

RIP Norm, and thanks for all the laughs.

- Walter.

JasonRoer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Roer
When I was a teenager, he was the Weekend Update host on Saturday Night Live and there's never been a person that's come close since. He was always a great guest on talk shows too and just an extraordinarily funny guy.

Thanks for the laughs, Norm.
Absolutely agree. He was fantastic. I also love his standup specials and talk show guest spots. Do you remember his turn on the Comedy Roast for Bob Saget? Hysterical! He had everyone in stitches. It truly displayed his comedic genius.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Damn, 9 year secret battle with cancer. Might not have been everyone’s cup of tea, but I loved the guy

It’s really not fair that the guy he roasted so many times outlived Him.

Rest in Laughter Norm.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
One of the greatest talk show guests of all time:

And a truly original comedic voice. I never got the sense that he worked particularly hard, but that's only because he didn't have to: He was hilarious on the fly all of the time, and often fearless.

It doesn't get any better than this.

But The Origin of The Fantastic Four is pretty spectacular.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Not to bring up something that might be sensitive, but when I was looking at some of his old material today, I couldn’t help but think how horrified the modern “college” crowd would probably be with him in this era.

They’ll never know what they were missing

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Another more recent memory. After COVID first got really bad, Norm was one of the first stand-up comedians to get up in front of a crowd, and he was just absolutely savage:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savageatyme83
Recent bookmarks