What's new

RIP Lane Smith...(Perry White) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Lane Smith who played Perry White on the tv show Lois & Clark died at the age of 69 of ALS.

:frowning:

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Wow that's too bad. He was one of those character actors who you instantly recognize even if you don't know the name.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
He was great in Son-in-Law. The very definition of "Hey, It's That Guy!", but, oddly enough, not listed on their site. He'll be sadly missed.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Great Actor. I really enjoyed him in From the Earth to the Moon which just happened to have a SE recently announced. Also was funny as hell in Distinguished Gentlemen and he was also the "evil"coach in the first Mighty Ducks Film

capt

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
"TV" would not have been my choice for remembering this much loved character actor.

Between The Lines (1977)

Honeysuckle Rose (1980)

Frances (1982)

Places In The Heart (1984)

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
It is a shame to hear this. I really liked him on Son in Law especially at the end. "Let's munch on some grindage" LOL. You know what else I found out too today, the old man on Son in Law played by Mason Adams (another character actor) passed away on April 26th of this year.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
The last thing I remember seeing him in was the HBO mini-series From The Earth to The Moon. He was great in this mini-series. I will have to start watching it again.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Lane Smith and also Mason Adams (didn't hear about that one). I think Snoopy put it best:

Awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!!!!!!

:frowning:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I had never even heard he had ALS. That is a horrible disease that is incidious and you have to watch yourself slowly lose one function after another.

RIP Mr. Lane.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks