RIP: Howard Hesseman (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Super sad news. :emoji_cry: Hesseman was a natural. In addition to the incomparable Dr. Johnny Fever, I also loved him in Head Of The Class and his appearances on That 70's Show. Great talent [and I suspect guy in real life] who will be missed.

RIP - Doctor!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
In memoriam...

howardhessemanwkrp.png

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
"81?" I didn't think he was that old. For some reason I thought he was way younger.
--jthree

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The misspelling of his last name in the thread title should be fixed. Honest mistake I'm sure.

I wonder if Les Nessman's name was chosen as a bit of a.play on Hesseman's real name, considering Les Nessman was was kind of the counterpoint to Hesseman's Johnny Fever character. Probably just a coincidence.

R.i.P

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Buying all seasons of Head of the Class right now. Never saw anything with him in it that I didn't like. R.I.P.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I created that other thread - but for reasons unknown to me, it was 'on hold' for review before. being released. Not sure if that's new policy or if I've been bad or something.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
When I was a kid and watched WKRP, he was the epitome of cool. He also did justice to all those free-form DJs that made radio worth listening to in the 70s.

I also enjoyed his guest spots on That 70s Show (along with Tim Reid - another very cool guy from WKRP - who had a bigger role).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Then someone should fix the man's name in this one, if we're keeping the second one created with the misspelled name.

Sure. Report stuff don’t just bitch about it in the thread, lol. Reports get acted on. Posts get missed. I fixed this one.

We don’t know why some posts are getting flagged errantly but are looking into it.

John_Simpson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John C Simpson
He also did movies as well as television. Most memorable was as one of the hippies in the Billy Jack franchise.
howard hesseman billy jack.jpg

Not to mention playing Captain Lassard in Police Academy 2
police-academy-2-their-first-assignment-lg.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ll be watching his appearances on The Bob Newhart Show. One of Bob’s patients,

And as I expected, Decades TV will binge WKRP this weekend, though they are pairing it with Dobie Gillis. Not sure why, there’s enough WKRP episodes to go 48 hours.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin

on screen for just a few and just kills it, also caught him in a dramatic role recently on an episode of Mannix, and of course Spinal Tap, WKRP and Head of the Class

RIP

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks