RIP Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore)

bujaki

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
She aged gracefully. No face lift. RIP.
Way back in the Dark Ages, when Goldfinger came out, my English teacher (a mid-westerner) had to explain to me, very carefully, what her "name" meant. For the record, English is not my vernacular.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
She aged gracefully. No face lift. RIP.
Way back in the Dark Ages, when Goldfinger came out, my English teacher (a mid-westerner) had to explain to me, very carefully, what her "name" meant. For the record, English is not my vernacular.
I knew what it meant and I was just 8 or 9 years old when I saw the movie with some of my buddies at our neighborhood theater. What can I say, we were a bunch of young degenerates.:D

May she R.I.P.

bujaki

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I knew what it meant and I was just 8 or 9 years old when I saw the movie with some of my buddies at our neighborhood theater. What can I say, we were a bunch of young degenerates.:D

May she R.I.P.
Well, I can't remember how her name was translated in the Spanish subtitles. I did know the many words for "it" in Spanish...

Garysb

Producer
Reaction score
Honor Blackman and Patrick MacNee recorded a song "Kinky Boots" back in the Avengers days. Someone uploaded it on youtube. As this was recorded in the sixties it obviously has nothing to do with the recent Broadway musical of the same name.

Reactions: Osato

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
RICK
Has passed at 94. Best known for Goldfinger, Jason and the Argonauts, and The Avengers UK TV series.

Dick

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Rick
So sad!!!

she was fantastic!!
It is, I guess, an automatic reflex to say it is "so sad" when someone we are familiar with in movies and whatnot dies. Every one of us will die. But, you know, she was 94, and from what I gather she had a good life. Would that all of us could go out with that legacy. I don't feel sad for her at all...I am exhilarated that she left behind so many great fans!

But I know what you mean, Osato.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
It is, I guess, an automatic reflex to say it is "so sad" when someone we are familiar with in movies and whatnot dies. Every one of us will die. But, you know, she was 94, and from what I gather she had a good life. Would that all of us could go out with that legacy. I don't feel sad for her at all...I am exhilarated that she left behind so many great fans!

But I know what you mean, Osato.
true. Good riddance / about time seems harsh though.

I’ll stick with my original post.

hoping to watch goldfinger tonight.

I admit I love the avengers tv series but her run was the live episodes and they are less polished and harder for me to follow.

heard she was very good in Jason and argonauts?

I love her interviews. She talks about being typecast as an English Rose early on and then was able to be ms gayle on the avengers and pussy galore in goldfinger. Two very strong female roles. Really cool.

she also was glad to be remembered for bond than nothing at all. I liked that she had a good sense of humor too.

Dick

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Rick
Good riddance / about time seems harsh though.
I said neither of those things, nor would I ever have.

Your sentiments about Ms. Blackman are otherwise without fault -- I simply feel there is nothing we should find regrettable about her passing at that age. She'll be well-remembered. :)

Last edited:

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
I said neither of those things, nor would I ever have.

Your sentiments about Ms. Blackman are otherwise without fault -- I simply feel there was nothing we should find regrettable about her passing at that age. She'll be well-remembered. :)
of course! All good!

: )

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP2