What's new

RIP Glen Campbell (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Such a great talent. I was lucky enough to finally find his LP with Bobby Gentry on vinyl. Absolute joy! RIP, Mr. Rhinestone Cowboy.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
such a sad loss, this shows how Alzheimer's affects more than just the member that has it. the voice and the talent, that it has snuffed out. rest in peace tonight, your memories and recording will always be gentle on my mind.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I saw Glen Campbell at the old North Bay Heritage Festival back in '04, when they actually got good artists that I enjoyed hearing. His daughter sang with him on a couple of songs, and I remember Glen opening with the line that he wasn't going to waste a lot of time telling jokes that aren't funny.

Glen Campbell is the second performer at that aforementioned 2004 festival to pass away, with Davy Jones having passed on Leap Day, in 2012. The shortest of The Monkees did tell a few jokes during his hour long set, as I recall! I really enjoyed both shows, and am thankful for the memories!

Anyway, my condolences to Glen Campbell's friends, and his family, who stuck by him to the end! May he Rest in Peace!

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was HUGE Glen Campbell fan growing up. Still am.

I still have every LP that he put out on Capitol. I have nearly every pre-Capitol LP. And much of his post-Capitol material on CD. I saw his movies upon release: True Grit and Norwood. And I gotta believe I saw every episode of The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour.

The man was a phenomenal guitar player and performer.

I finally got to see him live when he played Albany on his farewell tour in 2012. It was one of the highlights of my concert-going career (as minimal as its been).

The public battle with Alzheimers was so sad. I will always be amazed of the stories told by his family about how he would perform at his assisted-living residence near the end of his life for his fellow residents and not know anyone or much of anything about what was going on around him...but he could still play. And play with the virtuosity that was the hallmark of his career.

I thank Glen and his family for giving me that chance to see him perform live.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have been meaning to post about Glenn and his passing. Always a huge fan. He was an amazing guitarist and one hell of a singer. RIP.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Always been a fan of Glen Campbell's music. My smallish collection of music blu-ray/DVD includes his Concert with the Sioux Falls South Dakota Symphony (2001) DVD. Every track is a winner, wonderful performance of Classical Gas.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Keith:

Thanks for that post. I've had my eye on that concert disc for a while and appreciate your mini-review.

And, of course, I just went to Amazon to pull the trigger and it's out of stock. But I COULD pick it up from a third party seller for $499.99. Maybe I'll wait until it becomes available again through regular means...

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
He was a great talent , I was fortunate enough to see him in concert 4 times (1969, 2000, and twice during his farewell tour).
I wish someone (Time -Life ?) would release complete episodes of his late 60's TV show on DVD or Blu-ray .

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I was going through some LP's yesterday I picked up at the local Goodwill a while back. I found a Capitol multi-artist LP with a couple of Glen Christmas tunes. I have a lot of LP's, CD's, cassettes, and 8-tracks of Christmas, but not one of Glen by himself. I think that needs to change!

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks