What's new

RIP Gilligan.... :( (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Bob Denver the actor who portrayed Gilligan has died on complications from cancer. You will be missed little buddy.
:frowning:

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Cancer? He also had quadruple bypass surgery earlier this year. A double whammy.

Most will remember him as Gilligan, but he'll always be Maynard G. Krebbs to me. Work?!!

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I loved Gilligan's Island. I watched the re-runs on TBS all the time. RIP Mr. Denver

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Man this is sad news...................... "little buddy" you will be missed........ Thanks for the laughs and good times...............

R~

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I'm saddened to hear this. Gilligan's Island never failed to bring a smile. I fondly recall many schoolday afternoons "wasted" watching Gilligan, The Skipper, too, The Millionaire and his wife, the Movie Star, the Professor and Mary Ann (AKA:and the rest); there on Gilligan's Isle!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Are they showing Dobie Gillis again? I remember years and years ago they used to run it, at least I think it was them, but I haven't seen it air since.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Seriously (Far Out Space Nuts reference aside), he was awesome. As Gillgan (and as the guy in Space Nuts) he put the lovable into the "lovable failure." I hadn't seen his earlier beatnik role.

Denver has been such a part of my American history that his death is one that I always knew would be noticed. While other actors fall by the wayside without much notice, this is Gilligan. There may not be a better known tv character on the face of the earth. This is like a former Pope dying.

And I'd like to think that the character of Gilligan, and the rest of the island's patience with him because of his goodheartedness, has been a positive influence on a few generations now.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
RIP, Mr. Denver. Say "hi" to Alan, Jim and Natalie. BTW, I looked up some info. at IMDB and found the characters' full names...

Willie Gilligan
Jonas Grumby (The Skipper)
Roy Hinkley (The Professor)
Mary Ann Summers was news to me.

Goodbye Willie Gilligan. You gave me some great, great times as a kid growing up. Farewell and thanks.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
At this point I think 110 year old Sherwood Schwartz is going to outlive the entire GI cast and perhaps most of the Brady Bunch cast as well (Ann B Davis & Flo Henderson ain't spring chickens anymore).

Why not? He's made more money from these 8 combined seasons of TV plus subsequent merchandising than anyone can spend in a normal lifetime.

Steve

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Gilligan~"My friend Skinny Mulligan once held his breath for 17 minutes."

Skipper~"17 minutes? How'd he do that?"

Gilligan~"He cheated."

I don't know why i've always remembered that joke perhaps I just thought that Skinny Mulligan was a funny name and could easily picture Gilligan hanging out with such a guy. I grew up watching Bob and he will be missed.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Gilligan...
"Hey, Skipper, you wanna take a nice hot shower?"

Skipper...
"Yes!"

Gilligan...
"Think warm."

You finally got off that island, little buddy, RIP. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks