What's new

RIP Dave Stevens (1 Viewer)

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
Dave Stevens, the immensely talented pin-up and comic artist died of leukemia yesterday at the age of 52. For those strictly in HT and movie circles, he was the creator of the Rocketeer, which was a hugely popular comic long before the movie was ever made. Everyone with it in their collections, give the Rocketeer a spin this week in his memory. He was truly the kindest person of great talent I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Rest in peace, Dave.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I'm really shocked. I got to meet him in 1999, and saw him again about 5-6 years ago, and he appeared fine, so the news of his passing at such a relatively young age is a sad one. RIP, Mr. Stevens.

Dragon Con 1999:

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Very Sad. I just watched Rocketeer again a couple of weeks ago - I have always loved it!

Rest in Peace!

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
So sad. I just watched "The Rocketeer" in HD (thanks Comcast on Demand) this past weekend with my two young sons and we all had so much fun that we went on to read the two graphic novels I have (sans the more risque parts). What a remarkable talent he was.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I think Bettie Page--if she is really willing to do it--should attend the funeral or memorial service for Mr. Stevens. It was Stevens' modelling of the main heroine in The Rocketeer after Ms. Page that literally revived the interest in her legendary career as perhaps the most famous pin-up model of the 1950's.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Heck, they were friends; there's a bit in Evanier's post about how he would drive her into town to pick up her social security checks when they found out the lived near each other.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was going to say, I loved the work he did with Bettie pin ups, and all his Pin up art. Sad news. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks