What's new

RIP Christopher Plummer (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another tremendous loss of a supremely talented actor. I bought the 4K streaming version of Knives Out but haven't watched it yet since I saw the film in the theater and wanted to wait awhile to experience it again. Tonight may be the night in tribute to him.

I wish I could have seen him on stage in Barrymore. Was it filmed for PBS or some other commercial outlet?

Great talent who will forever be remembered fondly.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Another tremendous loss of a supremely talented actor. I bought the 4K streaming version of Knives Out but haven't watched it yet since I saw the film in the theater and wanted to wait awhile to experience it again. Tonight may be the night in tribute to him.

I wish I could have seen him on stage in Barrymore. Was it filmed for PBS or some other commercial outlet?

Great talent who will forever be remembered fondly.
KNIVES OUT is a gem of a movie.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I saw Christopher Plummer on stage in NYC in OTHELLO and also saw his daughter Amanda in another play in the same week

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
A true one of a kind talent who clearly loved his craft. R.I.P. to yet another one of the greats.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’ll give All The Money In The World a watch today, in tribute to him.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
prayers for his family, as another great passes, and the list of great roles that he stepped into and brought to life in it's own unique way. he is the glue that holds Doctor Parnassus together, great in The Man Who Would Be King, but really did he ever give a bad performance.

One of my fondest memories though, is him and Julie reuniting in 2001 for a live TV version of On Golden Pond, where we got to see his stage work.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I very much enjoyed Plummer playing the role of Prospero for a production of The Tempest for the Stratford Shakespeare Festival that I saw in a recording in my local arthouse theater.

I have had work the past 2 nights so I haven't had much time to celebrate Christopher Plummer but I intend to watch The Sound of Music tonight after the Super Bowl and I might watch Knives Out sometime during the week.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife and I are itching to watching The Sound of Music, but we’re moving in a little over a week and have all our movies packed already, and it’s not one we have on digital. But it’ll probably be the first movie we watch at our new place.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My wife and I are itching to watching The Sound of Music, but we’re moving in a little over a week and have all our movies packed already, and it’s not one we have on digital. But it’ll probably be the first movie we watch at our new place.

That would certainly be a good housewarming movie.

SixOfTheRichest

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daz
Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 13.49.23.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks