What's new

RIP Christopher Plummer (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

His wife, Elaine Taylor, said the cause was a blow to the head as a result of a fall.

Though he came to appreciate it later in life his opinion of "The Sound of Music"

“That sentimental stuff is the most difficult for me to play, especially because I’m trained vocally and physically for Shakespeare,” Mr. Plummer said in a People magazine interview in 1982. “To do a lousy part like von Trapp, you have to use every trick you know to fill the empty carcass of the role. That damn movie follows me around like an albatross.”

Moderator please combine with other thread.

Last edited:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

"
Christopher Plummer has passed away at 91, his family has confirmed. He passed peacefully at his home in Connecticut, with Elaine Taylor, his wife and true best friend for 53 years by his side.

Lou Pitt, his longtime friend and manager of 46 years said; “Chris was an extraordinary man who deeply loved and respected his profession with great old fashion manners, self deprecating humor and the music of words. He was a National Treasure who deeply relished his Canadian roots. Through his art and humanity, he touched all of our hearts and his legendary life will endure for all generations to come. He will forever be with us.”
"

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
While I understand his singing voice was replaced - To me, he'll always be Captain Von Trapp in The Sound of Music - RIP :(.

1612549346721.png

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Man, what an icon. Honestly, this one feels extra-shocking, because he was doing some of his best work right up until the end. Pretty consistently working in high-profile films, good roles, multiple Oscar-nods all just in the last 15 years alone. Really one hell of a closing chapter of his career.

One of the baddest of the badasses in The Insider as equally-legendary badass Mike Wallace:

YOU CORPORATE LACKEY.

(...Shit, it's time for an Insider-rewatch.)

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Chelsearicky

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Barrett-Olson
Man, what an icon. Honestly, this one feels extra-shocking, because he was doing some of his best work right up until the end. Pretty consistently working in high-profile films, good roles, multiple Oscar-nods all just in the last 15 years alone. Really one hell of a closing chapter of his career.

One of the baddest of the badasses in The Insider as equally-legendary badass Mike Wallace:

YOU CORPORATE LACKEY.

(...Shit, it's time for an Insider-rewatch.)

And so cold and emotionless and menacing in "Inside Daisy Clover". He was great in those type of roles.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Mr. Plummer was among the best of the best, and what a career!!! Peace to you, sir, and thanks so much for giving of yourself to entertain us all for so many decades.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Very sad news. Christopher Plummer made so many fine films and has been noted elevated any project he appeared in.
Too many great performances to mention Mr. Plummer was an actor who always convinced regardless of the role.
I had the great pleasure of seeing Mr. Plummer and Brian Dennehy appear together on Broadway in Inherit The Wind; what a total treat.
Thank you for giving us so many fine performances, Sir. May you rest in peace.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
From Rian Johnson, who directed Plummer in Knives Out.

IMDb lists a couple other credits for Plummer after Knives Out. I don't mean to diminish those films or his work in them at all. But Knives Out was the last film he was part of that was a really big hit. Obviously we all wish he was still here, but if you've got to go out, that's a really good last hit to have.

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
He really gave a Great Performance as Commodus Caesar in The Fall of the Roman Empire. I will be watching my UK Bluray later on.
xxxxxxxxxCHRIS FALL ROM EMP.gif

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks