What's new

RIP Bill Daily (1927-2018) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The actor and comedian, best known as the astronaut Roger Healey on "I Dream of Jeannie" and next-door neighbor Howard Borden on "The Bob Newhart Show", has passed away at 91.

"Jeannie" star Barbara Eden tweeted the following in tribute: "Our favorite zany astronaut, Bill Daily has passed. Billy was wonderful to work with. He was a funny, sweet man that kept us all on our toes. I'm so thankful to have known and worked with that rascal. Until we meet again Billy, xo -B #RIPBillDaily"

Bob Newhart tweeted the following in tribute: "Bill Daily & I go back to Chicago in the 50's. He and I were both trying to get into standup. Later, he joined the Bob Newhart Show. He was our bullpen guy - you could always go to him. He was one of the most positive people I've ever known. I will miss him dearly"

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I always enjoyed his "best friend" personas on his two biggest hits Jeannie and Bob Newhart, and watched every episode of every season of both shows. He could always make me smile and occasionally laugh out loud. He was quite adept with physical comedy as well as handling dialogue.

Rest in Peace!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
RIP to another memorable character from our past. Who will fill they're shoes?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Bob Newhart Show will always have a top-shelf place on my DVD shelves (and Bill Daily was [and always will be] an integral part of why that is)!

dvdtopshelf.jpg

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Such a truly great "character" wherever he was needed. I always looked forward to when he would enter Jeannie's home or when he would drop in on Bob and Emily. So funny and so able to elevate any scene he was in. Sad news. May he rest in peace.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I consider Bill Daily to be one of the best comic sidekicks on TV and an important part of 2 of my all time favorite TV comedies. Bill had great (yet different) chemistry with both Larry Hagman and Bob Newhart and those interactions were always great to watch.

On Sunday, I put on the IDOJ Season 3 episode "Haven't I Seen Me Someplace Before?" in which Jeannie inadvertently causes Roger (Daily) and Tony (Hagman) to switch bodies. It was fun to see Bill playing Larry's character's mannerisms and Larry playing Bill's character's mannerisms. On Monday, I'll watch an episode of The Bob Newhart Show. Great shows. Great legacy.

R.I.P., Bill.

IDOJ_episode_2x31_-_The_Mod_Party.jpg

vlcsnap-2016-01-11-23h01m05s263.png

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
One of the funniest TV actors of the 1970's, for sure. I grew up watching him on The Bob Newhart Show. You could tell he was a genuine, warm person. RIP.
Same feeling I always got watching him. Sad news.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks