What's new

RIP Bernard Fox (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
How very sad. He was such a treasure in scores of TV shows and movies that were lucky enough to employ his considerable talents. Loved him in Bewitched, of course, and he plays one of the British censors in an amusing scene in Star! uttering "Come and kiss me, darling" which Noel Coward thinks is being addressed to him.

Thankfully, we have much of his work available for viewing. He will always hold a special place in my heart.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Very sad; he was one of the brighter parts of the dimmest seasons of "Bewitched". And I believe he was the last surviving member of the adult cast. Erin Murphy, who played little Tabitha, is of course still with us.

The last thing I remember seeing him in was James Cameron's Titanic, 39 years after he uttered the words "Iceberg, dead ahead, sir" in A Night to Remember.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Very sad; he was one of the brighter parts of the dimmest seasons of "Bewitched". And I believe he was the last surviving member of the adult cast. Erin Murphy, who played little Tabitha, is of course still with us.

The last thing I remember seeing him in was James Cameron's Titanic, 39 years after he uttered the words "Iceberg, dead ahead, sir" in A Night to Remember.
This is indeed, sad news!

Several years back, I read about Bernard Fox being related to some of the Titanic's 3rd Class survivors.

For me, a couple other memorable recurring characters he portrayed on Television was Malcolm Merriweather on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW, and of course, Colonel Crittendon on HOGAN'S HEROES.

It seems that just when there was a slight lull in passages recently, this is proving a rough week, having just unexpectedly, and suddenly losing Alan Thicke the other day!

Going by IMDB, Bernard Fox did very little after TITANIC (1997). Oddly enough, one of Mr. Fox's very last roles was playing a Dr. Bombay in two episodes of the TV drama, PASSIONS in 1999-2000.

My condolences to Bernard Fox's Family and Friends. May he Rest in Peace!

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Erin Murphy, who played little Tabitha, is of course still with us.

Also Erin's twin sister Diane who alternated the role in early episodes and was credited for Tabitha in one episode ("Samantha Fights City Hall"). Also the twin boys who played Adam (David and Greg Lawrence).

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Loved him in "Bewitched" growing up. It wasn't until after age 21 when I ordered my first martini that I got the joke; as the Bartender asked if I wanted a Bombay. At that moment, it all clicked in; as did later Mr. Fox's character, joviality and laughter, upon the end of my second round. Wonderful actor. RIP, my good doctor.

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
He was not the only character from Bewitched who showed up in Tabitha. Abner and Gladys Kravitz (George Tobias and Sandra Gould) also showed up in Tabitha.

Mary Grace Canfield (Ralph on Green Acres) also appeared on Tabitha but not in the recurring role she played on Bewitched (Abner's sister Harriet).

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Bernie Kopell is still living.

Yes, but he and Dick Wilson also played other parts during the run of their recurring parts as the apothecary and drunk. And, of course, it is debatable if the two actors always played the SAME drunk and apothecary (the drunk was given a name in one episode, Frank O'Hara).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alain A.
Recent bookmarks