What's new

RIOT not Quiet Riot (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
hello folks,
i need yas to dig really deep for this.
say early-mid 80's, or about the time Bon Scott died, bands like Ratt and Triumph (Rik Emmett still tours) were popular then, its all kinda fuzzy now. i dont know why. :crazy: anyway, there was a band called Riot. not Quiet Riot. they were a hard rock Aussie (i think) band. they had an album with a close up picture of a baby seal on the cover. it always struck me as funny, here is this heavy rock band with a cute fuzzy seal on the jacket. anyone know the name of this album and where i can find it?

John K Carter

Stunt Coordinator
You mean this?
I still have the LP around here somewhere.
B00000HZHO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Great album for the time. Here's the Amazon link
They have one left in stock.

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
HOLY!

thats it, thanks tons john!

omw to amazon now.

well i "had" the LP, but i think my bro swiped it and moved to austin. he isnt admitting to it.

after i read the song list at amazon, all those great tunes are coming back into my head. any metal heads reading this owes it to themselves to check it out. thanks again for the heads-up, john.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
This was a classic hard rock album from the early '80's. My favorite track was always Swords and Tequilla.
While this is probably there most popular release, do yourself a favor and check out their second album Restless Breed as well. Great stuff!
Jeff, both of these titles are available at www.alldirect.com for $11.35 each (plus shipping). :)

Michael Pineo

Stunt Coordinator
I have Thundersteel on CD, but I think that was released a lot later than the albums you guys are talking about. Did the lineup of the band change drastically? I ask because it seems like the later stuff has more of a progressive leaning than the earlier stuff.

MikeP

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
jeff,
yes, it really was a fantastic LP. i have to wait til i listen to it again in a few days, but i think it still holds up today, and blasts most of the stuff getting airtime today. lol i may make a MP3 or two and send/tease the local station "badboy" 20'something jocks who probably never heard of Riot. these guys were tight, fast, and very catchy. the songs stick with you...here it is 20 years later and i was sitting here last night and i get a flashback, Swords and Tequilla just popped into my head. at last, chainsaws er ah i mean swords coming outta my speakers once again. i bet the guys at B&W never had this in mind. now i get it on CD, heh! i am so stoked :emoji_thumbsup: see what i mean?
check out their second album Restless Breed
will do. thanks for the link.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine owned that album, and I had it on tape. It was GREAT! I never heard about them anywhere else though, and I had forgotten about them. Cool to see them mentioned again. :)
They reminded me a lot of early Def Leppard (around"On through the night" and "High and dry").
According to CD-NOW they've recorded a whole bunch of other albums, the last one came out 3 years ago.
I think I'm gonna have to buy "Fire down under", actually!
/Mike

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
got it yesterday, thanks,

brings back alot of partying memories of my youth. and yes, it still kicks major butt 20 years later, just ever so slightly dated. turns out they are not from australia, the name of the LP was just escaping me and australia somehow was what i was thinking..."down under", duh. "outlaw" reminds me of something pat travers did about the same time, something off of the "radioactive" LP i think. hmm, i need to find that one too. dont think its in print though. anyone?

Cool to see them mentioned again
i just kinda discovered the music area here, i can come up with alot more forgotten stuff, just need some more mt.dew to get my head right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks