What's new

Rio Bravo and The Cowboys to HD DVD/Blu-ray on June 5th (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks that way according to this source, anyhow, I cancelled my preorder for those two Warner titles since The Searchers came out in both of these new formats too.

While Paramount is at it, how about It Takes a Thief on HD/BR?

Crawdaddy

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Hopefully Warner will do as good of a job on these titles as they did on the Searchers. If so, these are definite most haves for me.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Rio Bravo is one of my little favourites ever since I saw it first in the cinema, years ago, as a student. Great to have it on HD.
My version of The Cowboys is the one of 1998, so it can use a refresh too. :)

Given the quality of The Searchers on HD, I'm looking forward to these two!

Cees

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Good news if true as I had no desire to double dip on these for just standard DVD.

Though I don't take the HD Promo Group's word as gospel considering the Spielberg title announcement fiasco.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The Cowboys is one of my Western faves. Love this one & is my favorite John Wayne film. I know there are many, many more heralded films by Wayne, but this one struck a chord with me when I was younger. Can't wait.

It's also got a GREAT cast. Looking forward to seeing this in HD. :)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
The Spielberg fiasco was a line in a release memo, the two John Wayne films actually show the cover art. I tend to think they are real 'soon to be released' disks and should be availble on BD or HD formats.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Same here. Grew up watching this, along with every other Wayne film, with my Grandfather when I was sick and couldn't make it to school. Lots of good memories.

I'm pretty confident that these are already on their way unlike what happened with the Spielberg titles. But I must beg you Warner... please Please PLEASE don't release these day and date with the SD versions. I can't afford anything else to come out on May 22nd! :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see all the love for The Cowboys. I never got around to buying the dvd so this will be great.

Manus

Second Unit
Love both of these , particularly The Cowboys. It was great to see The Duke unafraid to play a 'smaller' but crucial role overall in a movie for the overall benefit .

I'm in.

~M~

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Seems to me like you're just splitting hairs, but whatever. Still no official announcement from Warner so I'll reserve my rejoicing until there's confirmation.

There's quite a few "soon to be released" titles on both formats. Doesn't mean a whole lot to me without an official announcement with a release date.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yep, will preorder as soon as they're available to do so. Great job by Warner and I can only hope that other studios do the same with their classic releases.

Crawdaddy

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
After being mesmerized by The Searchers, I am really looking forward to these releases. For all of the high quality 'New' releases we have had recently, I would take these classics over the new ones any day.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
North by Northwest and To Catch a Thief are safe titles to release.
Drop the pricing and more will sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks