What's new

RINGO's STARRing on DVD (1 Viewer)

Gary_E

Second Unit
From DVD REVIEW
Ringo Starr: The Best Of Ringo Starr And His All Starr Band: So Far
2001 · FS · E - DD 5.1 · Not rated
Concert/Pop/Rock · Release Date: 10/23/2001 · SRP: 24.99 · UPC #0-14381-08282-1
Ringo lets loose with his superstar friends in this eagerly awaited video of worldwide concert highlights from four different All Starr Bands. All the fun and variety of the shows are captured here as legendary rockers share the spotlight and join in with Ringo on his favorite solo and Beatles hits. Introduced by Paul McCartney, this collection is a must for any true fan of rock 'n' roll! Songs: Honey Don't (Ringo Starr), Iko Iko (Dr. John), The Weight (Levon Helm), Photograph (Ringo Starr), Don't Go Where the Road Don't Go (Ringo Starr), Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh), No No Song (Ringo Starr), Bang the Drum All Day (Todd Rundgren), You're 16 (Ringo Starr), Yellow Submarine (Ringo Starr), I Wanna Be Your Man (Ringo Starr), Groovin' (Felix Cavaliere), You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet (Randy Bachman), Boys (Ringo Starr), It Don't Come Easy (Ringo Starr), Sunshine of Your Love (Jack Bruce), Norwegian Wood (Peter Frampton), A Whiter Shade of Pale (Gary Booker), All Right Now (Simon Kirke), Act Naturally (Ringo Starr), With a Little Help From My Friends (Ringo Starr). Starring Dr. John, Jack Bruce, Joe Walsh, Levon Helm, Peter Frampton, Ringo Starr, Todd Rundgren.
MORE MORE BEATLES PLEASE!
-Gary

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
Thank's for the head's up Gary, looks like a must buy for me. Yeh Yeh Yeh more Beatles stuff.
Al

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
It's unfortunate that they saw fit to include only one Gary Brooker song. Oh well....

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I'm psyched. Due to illness I had to miss the concert this year. This won't take the place of that, but it'll sure make me feel better.

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
Gary - You ask "MORE MORE BEATLES PLEASE!"?
Well if you don't mind buying a 2-disc set for one song and an interview then look for the BBC's forthcoming 2-Disc set "The Best of The Old Grey Whistle Test".
It will feature a 1975 live performance of "Stand By Me" by John Lennon, plus an accompanying interview (although it's not clear if this will be the whole interview as broadcast, or just a clip).
This is definitely being released in the UK, but I'm not sure if it's being picked up by the US distributor. Lots of the featured acts are US audience-friendly (although I'm not sure how you guys would cope with John Otway) so if you want it then start petitioning now!
More details are at http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?se...articleId=2354

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks