What's new

Ringer Season 1 (CW) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
COntinued craziness. Loved the reverse scam on mom to get Andrew's money back. And didn't see her as the likely villain against Siohban, though that actually makes sense (insofar as this show makes sense :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's preposterous, campy but yet strangely entertaining. Zero chance it gets renewed and it seems like they knew that.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Season (and probably series) finale next week. Things are definitely coming to a head. I didn't expect the twist with Olivia tonight.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
NeilO said:
Season (and probably series) finale next week. Things are definitely coming to a head. I didn't expect the twist with Olivia tonight.
I certainly hope it doesn't come to an end with this season. Been loving all the twists & turns coming at us over the last few weeks. Would definitely hate to see it not get renewed, especially as it'll likely end with so much still up in the air.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Oh, Olivia! How she betrayed us!

Usually these ridiculous conspiracy plots spin out of control. Surpirsingly, Ringer makes more and more sense as it goes along!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Meh...I was looking at the clock through most of it. I was going ballistic at the idea that Bridget decided to go up to the apartment knowing Bodaway was up there, but I suppose they justified it with the idea that she thought Juliet and/or Andrew were up there. And it was pretty comical when Machado showed up so quickly, seemingly taking about the same amount of time as Bridget did to get there, despite having to get on an airplane.

Overall, I guess the show was mildly entertaining (I did make it this far without bailing afterall), but I think the writers went too far out of their way and cheated too much for the cheap thrill or plot twist. Even if it did go another season, I'm not sure where they could take it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought it was rather awesome. Everything out in the open, thank God. At the first station break, the CW referred to it as the finale--not the season finale. That's pretty apparent from the ratings, and at least I'm okay with where things ended up. It would have been nice to have seen a season without the shadow of Macawi hanging over everything, and I would have liked to have seen a happy ending for Andrew, Juliet and Bridg. But, I agree that I'm not sure what a second season would have looked like. I'd tune in if the impossible happened, though.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
I thought it was rather awesome. Everything out in the open, thank God. At the first station break, the CW referred to it as the finale--not the season finale. That's pretty apparent from the ratings, and at least I'm okay with where things ended up. It would have been nice to have seen a season without the shadow of Macawi hanging over everything, and I would have liked to have seen a happy ending for Andrew, Juliet and Bridg. But, I agree that I'm not sure what a second season would have looked like. I'd tune in if the impossible happened, though.
I wonder if there was anyone who did not expect to see Macawi confronting Siobahn. I'm glad we got that.
I wish that Andrew had stuck around after punching Henry for Henry to attempt to spill some of what Siobahn's been up to over the past 7 months.
One question - at the end of the first episode, Siobahn is on the phone talking to someone - does anyone remember who that was?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It might have been a call to the great Jonathan Banks. That was the call referenced last week, at least, where she was informed her hit man had failed and that another wouldn't be sent due to the loss of the phone. I have a very short memory for TV show specifics, however, so it could be something else.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
It might have been a call to the great Jonathan Banks. That was the call referenced last week, at least, where she was informed her hit man had failed and that another wouldn't be sent due to the loss of the phone. I have a very short memory for TV show specifics, however, so it could be something else.
But it wasn't Siobahn's hit man - it was either Juliet's mother's or Olivia's. Of course it might have been an inconsistency.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
DaveF said:
Good episode. Fun show, tightening up at the end. Is this the end of the series?
Given the CW's anemic ratings across the board, you never know, but I think most of us are not counting on a renewal.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by NeilO /t/314764/ringer-season-1-cw/90#post_3919195
Given the CW's anemic ratings across the board, you never know, but I think most of us are not counting on a renewal.

At least there should be some cost savings having one actor play two roles. Or does SMG pull in two salaries?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was watching Fairly Legal last night and ...
Spoiler for April 27 episode of Fairly Legal:
The A-plot went in a direction very similar to what we saw on Ringer with Mr. Carpenter. When it went towards that direction, I just knew that had to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks