Ring trilogy questions (spoilers abound)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daren Welsh, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

So ... first of all, in Ring 0, what's with the dual Sadakos? It took me most of the movie to figure out what the time-frame was. I'm thinking it's a few years after her mother's suicide, right? So is the "evil Sadako" created by her ESP powers and her anger misguided into killing others that frighten or anger her?

Also, when her father whacks her and drops her into the well, he uses a big ass knife. Then when we go down to the bottom and see her, she doesn't have a scar on her head. I also thought I remembered him using a hammer or something blunt in the first Ring, but I might be remembering wrong. What gives? You could say she was dead at that point, so all that was left was her spirit, thus no physical scars (just emotional), but then didn't it take her a long time to die at the bottom? That's another question (I'll make this my last for now) ... did it take her a week, or 30 years? I was pretty sure it took a week due to the metaphorical comparison with the phone call after the video. Her victims all get the same treatment. But then I think I remember something in Ring 2 about her being alive for several years.

ugh, maybe I should just re-watch them all, but I'd appreciate your insight.

2. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

bizump

3. Philip Klein

Philip Klein Stunt Coordinator