Ring Coupon in LOTR DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin_Graham, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Kevin_Graham

Kevin_Graham Stunt Coordinator

Included in some of the LOTR dvd's is a coupon to purchase a One Ring replica from The Noble Collection for $75 instead of $129. I am waiting to purchase the 4-disc version of LOTR instead of the current one however I am very interested in purchasing this ring. If you got this coupon and are not going to use it will you please send it my way.

Kevin

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Man, the movie chalked up a ton of money, the DVD's will do the same, the names on the credits, merchandise and now this? This is the first I am hearing of it, since the Canuck disks did not have coupons (at least the one I have). I would liek to know the final tally this entire franchise brings to New Line overall.

3. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Oh yes, my mistake. I edited my post.

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Well, they said that on worldwide merchandising they were already in the black on the entire trilogy about a year ago

6. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Many Canadian DVDs had the offers too, but not all. Let's see I could buy one of three watches for $49US each, th ring for $75, a pendan for $75, Galadriel's or Aragon's ring for $129, a brooch for $59, Frodo's Sword for $295, or Gimli's axe for $129...

7. Sean P

Sean P Agent

Send me a SASE and its yours.

Sean

8. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

Seems like the One Ring would be the first piece of merchandising they would come up with, it's so obvious. So obvious, Noble Collection isn't the first. A much lower priced ring made by Applause (with a box that lights up when you open it) was available last year. But I'm sure the quality of that ring doesn't measure up.

You don't actually need the coupon to get the ring for $75. At the Noble Collection website, the catalog number for the regular priced $129 ring is NN9269, but the order form in the coupon book has it as SR9269. Hmmm. Go to the Instant Order section and enter SR9269 for the item number, and it's yours for $75.

9. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Forget the sterling silver edition! Go for the solid gold edition for only $295! [​IMG]

10. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    When does the coupon expire?

11. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

2/28/03

12. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

13. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    It doesn't expire until February? That's perfect; thanks for the info, Wayne!

I plan on getting the Ring as a Christmas present for my girlfriend, but I'm a poor college student and I couldn't possibly afford to spend more than $75 on it. On the other hand, I don't have $20 to spare to buy the LOTR DVD right now. I plan to get it eventually, though, so if the coupon will be good until the end of the year, there's no rush.