What's new

Riki-Oh: The Story Of Ricky: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Today I just saw this movie from Hong Kong called Riki-Oh: The Story Of Ricky, and it's one of the funniest (and goriest) movies ever. The DVD, while having a good transfer, sadly had little extras (it only has a Theatrical Trailer and a short Biography of Siu-Wong Fan). A Special Edition would be great. I'd like to see:
-Completely Uncut and Uncensored Edition of the film
-Theatrical Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1
-Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1
-Interactive Menus
-Scene Selection
-Theatrical Trailers, Television Spots, and Radio Spots
-Production Notes
-Audio Commentary by Writer and Director Ngai Kai Lam and Actor Siu-Wong Fan (Ricky/Riki-Oh)
-Interviews With Some of the Cast & Crew
-Making-Of Featurette
-Featurette with Riki-Oh shown at a Theater and the Audience's Reactions to the Gore Scenes. Should include Interviews with some of the Audience
-Interactive Still Galleries with Stills from the movie as well as Behind The Scenes and International Posters and Covers
-Extensive and Detailed Biographies of the Cast & Crew
Please show your support for a Special Edition DVD Release of Riki-Oh: The Story Of Ricky!!!
[Edited last by Ken_Jones on July 26, 2001 at 12:50 AM]

ShouwenY

Auditioning
Although I wouldn't think it would contain most of the extras you'd want to see. Hong Kong Legends will be releasing said title next year. Guarenteed it'll have an anamorphic transfer and be remasted. DD 5.1 Cantonese and English. Chapter stops would be around 30 (per usual). Don't know about whether they can get it uncut (personally it could, afterall the contents comical).
tHe rest of what you want seems a little fantastical, due to the fact that little would have remained from the film (i.e. making offs, interviews) due to the fact that it bombed badly in the Hong Kong boxoffice and destoying Fan Siu Wong's career (at the time an upcoming star, and more successful than Jet Li prior to his participation with Riki-Oh. He was equal to Jet Li's martial arts (if not better) on screen. He's only starting to resurface with Sammo Hung's upcoming martial arts film). Hmm. Wonder what his reactions would be if he was to be interviewed about Riki-Oh now?

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
What do you mean this movie bombed? It has a huge cult following now, and I think it has a fan base big enough to warrant an SE DVD Release...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The stock on this title really rose when it was given a prominent writeup in the definitive work of 20th century film criticism, Baked Potatoes : A Pot Smoker's Guide to Film and Video. The authors parlayed the book into an appearance on Comedy Central's The Daily Show, and then-host Craig Kilborn was so enamored of the head smashing Story of Ricky clip they brought that he used it as a bumper for one of the show's segments for the rest of his run as host.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

ShouwenY

Auditioning
What I mean (as stated in my previous comment) was that the film didn't even make a dent in it's home countries boxoffice. People seem to like it now because of its cult status.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks