What's new

Right sub for Def Tech 7001sc (1 Viewer)

arunVB

Auditioning
Initiallly I was set on the Def Tech 7002 for the front speakers, CLR 2500 for center and the Martin Logan Depth for the subwoofer. I am now thinking of getting the 7001sc instead of the 7002. If I decide to get the 7001sc instead of 7002, would it be a good idea to move up one level in the subwoofer as well ? Would it be a good idea to get the Martin Logan Descent (3 x 10" bass drivers) instead of the Martin Logan Depth (3 x 8" bass drivers). I like the size of the Depth, but I am concerned if the 7001sc will overwhelm the depth. As with anyone, though I prefer to cut down the unnecessary costs, but I willing to shell out the extra bucks if it is going to make a real difference.

I would really appreciate your thoughts / suggestions, particularly someone who has compared the 2 subs with 7001sc.

I am setting it in my family room. It is around 16' x 16' but opens to the kitchen in the back.

Thanks
Arun

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Why not just use the built-in subs in the 7001sc towers? It seems to me that using the subs you'd already have would just make sense.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
You wouldn't be shopping at Magnolia, would you?

I would try out the 7001's (using the LFE output on the receiver - Y-splitter - one sub cable to each towers sub input - set the L/R speakers as small) and see if you like it.

arunVB

Auditioning
Kenneth, I am shopping at Magnolia Audio Video in San Jose CA. Is there a reason why you asking this question ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks