What's new

Right off the bat: the first problem with "Gigli" (1 Viewer)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
quote:

What? Mallrats does not count?
Actually, if you include video rentals, Mallrats did break even. It didn't clear a million in theaters, but it only cost $2 million to make and it's life on video has been staggering.
I have read that once it went to DVD (I think the Best DVD they put out at Viewaskew, despite being the worst movie. The Commentary is funny while the movie itself is boring and dumb) It started to make a nice profit, this is YEARS after making the film, I think the DVD was made while they were getting ready to release Dogma

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
While I seem to be wrong on the numbers, it was a success before the DVD, strong seller as it has been. If the video life hadn't been so strong I doubt Universal would have wasted the time on the DVD.

Smith's movies always do better on the rental market than they do in theaters; hopefully Jersey Girl will change that.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
More importantly, how LONG is this movie? The script is 145 pages, and knowing director Martin Brest's bloated length on some of his previous films, this could be a doozy in its running time.
Apparently the running time is around the 2 hour marker. Some sites are reporting just under 2 hrs and others just over.

I might be seeing it tomorrow night. Will post back if I see it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I cant see this doing well but if this does better than Seabiscuit (which opened at #5 this week) I will lose total faith in humanity.

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
I smell a future drinking game sprouting up around this nightmare. While Affleck was never that good to begin with (aside from Chasing Amy), J.Lo used to be a respected actress. Apparently that actress no longer exists. Sad that she's so willing to flush her reputation away on these stupid 'pop singer image masturbation' films.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
This thing has crap written all over it. You know Kevin Smith has to be biting his tongue hoping people can quickly forget about this before "Jersey Girl" gets released.
Production halted until Summer 2002, due to Ben Affleck's work on Daredevil.

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman

WTF?????

And you say that hearing Jennifer Lopez say "gobble, gobble" is disturbing??? THAT exchange is idiotic? I think the word "idiotic" just took on new meaning in my book. I must be out of the loop. When I get together with my friends, it usually doesn't involve any testicles flouncing around indiscriminantly.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks