What's new

Right now I am hating UPS (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
I am sitting here at work, checking the stupid UPS website every 5 minutes. I am anxiously awaiting my SV 22-31 Pci that is due to arrive today. My wife is working at home all day so I am taking mental inventory of which movies I want to hear first. I even went home at lunch to maybe get there when the UPS guy shows...but no luck. All day and afternoon I check the website...same thing...in transit. My wife has to take my daughter to ballet class at 4, oh they will definitely be there before then.
4:19 PM 1st delivery attempt no one home. DAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!! I call, the lady tells me they will deliver it the next BUSINESS DAY!!!!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT TILL MONDAY????
So now I have to sit in my house all weekend knowing my sub is less than 5 miles from my house and I can't get to it. This really bites.
Jason

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Oh man, Jason, that blows!! Sorry about your dilemma. :frowning:
But just keep saying to yourself this weekend .... Good things come to those that wait. :)

Ian Garton

Grip
Jason, if you have a large enough vehicle, you could call UPS and ask them if you can pick up your parcel. If the truck gets to the UPS depot before the customer service desk closes, you may very well be able to pick it up this evening. If not, you may be able to pick it up tomorrow.

I was sent a parcel last week via UPS. Delivery was scheduled for Friday, then rescheduled for Monday due to an incomplete address on the label. I managed to pick it up from UPS myself on Friday evening.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the UPS counter in my town is open from 5pm-6pm and most trucks come back around 7pm so I'm screwed, and ups isn't at ALL willing to help. Sorry for your frustration, but UPS just plain sucks that way.

though I leave my apartment unlocked when I'm expecting a package so the driver just leaves it inside the door *shhh*!

at my old house the driver knew the code to open the garage door and left items inside the garage.

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, man bad luck! :-(
To avoid this in the future:
When awaiting deleivery of new A/V gear...
Call in sick, if your s/o is home send them shopping, this means you have ALL day to play with your new gear!!!
I got my 22-31 pci last week, trust me it will be worth the wait!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Co

Second Unit
Ian,
The lady that I talked to on the phone assured me there was no way possible to get the package until Monday. Of course our UPS place isn't open on Saturday.....what was I thinking???? open on Saturday????? I have been reading and looking at the svs site like a maniac. I have done everything short of printing out a life sized copy of an svs sub. Wait a minute.......honey do we have any more toner?????

svs sub or bust,
Jason

Michael*K

Screenwriter
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was someone in agreement that the new "brown" ads are annoying as hell.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Isn't UPS in reality a "chain" of independant couriers that decided to use the same logo/letterhead/uniforms?

That would explain why UPS is called "oops" in Canada. Lousy service, and hidden duty/brokerage fees. Grrr. I HATE UPS. I'd rather use the US Postal Service or pay the known and upfront FedEx fees...

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Isn't UPS in reality a "chain" of independant couriers that decided to use the same logo/letterhead/uniforms?
no, not in the US. the actual UPS customer counters are UPS AFAIK, but there are places like mailboxes etc. that ship UPS for people.
UPS is huge, they're in the avionics business as well as shipping. Would I trust UPS, a company that can't deliver my tires on time with my safety? fffffffuck no :D

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I've always been impressed by UPSs ability to screw up just about any delivery, trash the package, and be extremely customer unfriendly about just about everything. During my numerous dealings with them, I've learned that there is absolutley no way that they'll let you have a package until three delivery attempts have been made; even if you live 5 minutes away from the depot! It's very frustrating, to say the least. FedEx has always been great to me, as has the USPS.

Fortunately, a good friend of mine has a store 10 minutes from my house. If someone has to ship something to me via UPS, I have it shipped there, and go get it myself.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Actually UPS owns the Mailboxes Etc. company too, although the stores are independent franchises.

I recently had a package which arrived nine days late because they put it on a truck bound for the opposite coast. They should have every coast-to-coast truck stop in Dallas or Oklahoma City or some other hub in the midwest, unload the truck, re-sort all the packages, and put the packages back on trucks bound for their proper destinations. At least this would give a late package a chance to be only two days late instead of nine days late. But what difference does it make to UPS? A late package is still a late package no matter how late it is, so why should UPS do anything to help expedite a late package?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

That wouldn't solve the problem, what they should do is put enough effort into sorting packages so they get get on the right truck every time. If a NY to Miami box accidentally got put on the truck to LA resorting in Dallas would just send it to Alaska using their current system.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Perhaps if there was a single positive experience to mention...

Same problem right now for me. I managed to pick up a new Samsung N-501 as a second DVD player for the bedroom, and they've made two attempts at delivery, both around 3:00pm on Thursday and Friday. I don't know about the rest of you, but I actually work for a living, and am rarely at home at that hour. The next attempt comes Monday, and if they try at that time again, I will not be home, as usual.

UPS just plain out and out sucks, and I've had more things go wrong in shipment via UPS than FedEx and the USPS combined. Oh well...

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Marshall,
Call the number on the back of the dropoff sheet. Sometimes they can deliver the package to another location, such as your work. All depends on the mood of the operator and where you want the package rerouted to.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
What? No rabid UPS supporters posting positive experiences yet?
Ok, I'll bite :)
When ever I get anything shipped from UPS, I ALWAYS leave instructions for them to leave the package on my deck, in back of the house. Rain or shine, they always do that for me. Fed-EX, on the other hand, always leaves me the damn notes on my door that I wasn't there.
Now with a package as big as a SVS sub, I don't think they'd leave that for me.
On another note, I'm an ex-UPS employee :b I took 6 months off from college and worked there. In my time there, I've only seen a few packages fall off the belt when being loaded into the plane. My crew was responsible for loading and unloading the planes. We also had to direct the pilot into the taxi spot. We operated equipment such as TUGS and K-Loaders. I also I was recruited to anti-icing/de-icing. I actually enjoyed that job, except for the hours... 10pm till 2, 3am.
Mike D.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Unfortunately for me, the nature of my job (construction/maintenance and the like, got tired of teaching ;)) makes an alternate place of delivery kind of impossible. Luckily work was cut a bit short today, so I was able to make it back home a few minutes before the UPS truck arrived. I got my DVD player and new brakes for the car ;)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
I guess I haven't really had more than one or two problems with UPS. Of course, I get most of my packages shipped to work, so I don't usually have to deal with them leaving packages at my door and then have them get stolen by my neighbors.

John.

Sarah S

Second Unit
Luckily my in-laws live in the same town I do...I just have UPS drop it off there if I can't get it shipped USPS.

I haven't really had any bad experiences with UPS either, the one tme I had to go to the customer depot they were kind enough to let me stay until the truck came in wih my package. Probably it was the desperrate pleading. But then, it was a few years back.

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
So Jason..... Did you get your sub!!!! I have been watching this thread all weekend and tonight hoped to see that you finally got your SVS.... You can't keep me hanging......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks