right connection between my VCR and 49TXi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by alvaro Castle, Jan 18, 2003.

1. alvaro Castle

I'm trying to get the right conecction between my Mitsubishi VCR and my Pioneer 49Txi. Until now I'm recording just the audio. I have a cable signal connection going in and out from the VCR. and the video and audio cables are running throught the 49TXi. This way if I need to tape a signal from the cable I just have to set the channel on the VCR and go. But because I'm using a Sat receiver that runs throught the AV, I haven't been able to tape any signal, but the audio, from the satellite isgnal. How am I supposed to run the wires?
    My VCR (Mitsubishi HS-U560) has on the rear panel the In/Out antenna,R/L Audio Out and In and a In/Out Video jacks. Nothing else.

2. David Ison

David Ison Stunt Coordinator

run the sat.audio & video output into the vcr's line one input using the s video and audio l&r input. if you are using the cable through this input ,you will need a audio/video switch box,if not run the cable coax straight to the vcr and use it to switch channels on cable.That way when you want to watch the sat. , just switch channels to input1, then use the sats. remote to change channels on the dish.

3. alvaro Castle

Thanks david. I'll try that way