Merry XMAS
8033e95c_prometheus-xmas.jpeg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/316483/ridley-scotts-prometheus-leaked-trailer#post_3881328
Thought it was appropriate to use the original main
title effect. After all, this is the return of Ridley Scott
to the Alien franchise.

Well it was certainly a nitpick on my part Ron. While I understand that he's trying to tie this film to the Alien franchise, the images themselves leave no doubt at all about its pedigree. But whatever. Now that I've watched it several times the title thing isn't a bother to me any longer, and it certainly does look effing amazing. If the everything else about Prometheus is equal to the visuals on display in this trailer then it is going to be a fantastic ride! Here's to hoping that Mr. Scott and company deliver. Cheers Ridley!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I will be back in a Theater after a a two year self imposed

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Not a big fan of Alien-Aliens-Alien3-AlienRes, but I want to see this partly just to be amazed at how well the cgi sets reproduce what existed in Alien.
Always a treat when an older set is remade -- remember when Scotty visited a holodeck version of the 1960s bridge of the TOS Enterprise in that one episode of Star Trek the Next Generation? Or that time when...um ok that's the only example that comes to mind at the moment, but it too was thrilling!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
While I thought the countdown to the "trailer premiere" was a bit much (seriously, that's what we've become? for a one minute trailer?), I did think the trailer was excellent, and have high hopes for the movie. I take Ridley Scott's comments that only the end of the movie really references what we know as the Alien franchise seriously, and think perhaps the trailer was made to make it look as much like Alien as possible. That said, what I saw sure did intrigue me, and the pace of the trailer is a lot like the one for the first Alien movie (a great trailer in its own right).

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Will_B said:
Not a big fan of Alien-Aliens-Alien3-AlienRes, but I want to see this partly just to be amazed at how well the cgi sets reproduce what existed in Alien.
Always a treat when an older set is remade -- remember when Scotty visited a holodeck version of the 1960s bridge of the TOS Enterprise in that one episode of Star Trek the Next Generation? Or that time when...um ok that's the only example that comes to mind at the moment, but it too was thrilling!
Although there might be some CGI set extensions, They are using something like 7 sound stages at Pinewood, including the 007 stage. It seems that most of the sets are actually being built. Rumor has it that they are using miniatures rather than CGI for the space ships and larger planet settings.
Doug

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Douglas Monce said:
Although there might be some CGI set extensions, They are using something like 7 sound stages at Pinewood, including the 007 stage. It seems that most of the sets are actually being built. Rumor has it that they are using miniatures rather than CGI for the space ships and larger planet settings.
Doug
No doubt, no doubt. This is definitely going to be a film whose bonus discs are going to be fascinating.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Just for the hell of it
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslyoK9uobE&feature=player_embedded[/VIDEO]
So, I'm pretty psyched for this. I also like the building titles like in Alien and the sounds from the original Alien trailers. It's obvious now that this is certainly a prequel to the Alien mythology, but still somewhat vague if it is truly going to be an "Alien" movie. But, it should be pretty interesting to see how the story integrates into the "Alien" universe.
0e8764d2_xlarge_74af1dcd4e891d78fda6cca75c3ca12f.jpeg

This shot seems reminiscent of the McIntosh "1984" commercial, which was also directed by Ridley.
ec9aefe7_xlarge_42ee58c53dc25e816679c137e537658c.jpeg

Early versions of the "Alien" script (which are available on the Special Edition DVD and Blu-Ray) described the facehuggers being housed in "urns" Looks like the could be a nod to that idea.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Will_B said:
Doug
No doubt, no doubt. This is definitely going to be a film whose bonus discs are going to be fascinating.
With Charlie pulling it all together? You'd better believe that shit.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I'm really excited for this movie. It will be the one I look forward to this year.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
After watching the trailer I am pretty excited, but I didn't get that it was an Alien film? This is supposed to be a prequel correct? I got the vibe but I didn't see anything that would remind me that this was an Alien film. Either way I want to see this!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I got the vibe but I didn't see anything that would remind me that this was an Alien film.
The horseshoe shaped spacecraft is a match for the wreckage found on LV-426 by the crew of the Nostromo. Not necessarily the same ship, but certainly the same (or similar) model. Also note the moving platform that is identical to the one in which the fossilized remains of the Space Jockey were found in Alien.
- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I also might be mistaken as I have only seen the trailer once,
but I think there is a 1/2 second shot of an alien egg hugger
attaching itself to the helmet of the space traveler.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I thought I saw something too but I think it might be smoke or steam firing up to or out of the helmet.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
8b693614_faceh.png

On second look...not a face hugger per se. Perhaps some gaseous substance.

Who ate the burrito?

Quote from Bill Hunt's THEDIGITALBITS blog:

And yes, it IS an Alien prequel. Of that I can absolutely assure you. Enjoy!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Walter Kittel said:
The horseshoe shaped spacecraft is a match for the wreckage found on LV-426 by the crew of the Nostromo. Not necessarily the same ship, but certainly the same (or similar) model. Also note the moving platform that is identical to the one in which the fossilized remains of the Space Jockey were found in Alien.
- Walter.
There's also a scene involving several crew members performing a scan of some kind on a "Space Jockey" skull in a laboratory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks