Ridley Scott may do Alien 5

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Norm, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Norm

Norm Cinematographer

Norm
    Syndicated columnist Cindy Pearlman talked to Ridley Scott about the possibility of him taking on "Alien 5" (he directed 1979's "Alien").
    "I'm seriously mulling it over," Scott said. "I think it would be a lot of fun, but the most important thing is to get the story right."
    Would Sigourney Weaver and her aliens infest Earth this time? "Earth would be interesting, and there is talk about it," said Scott, who sounds bored with that premise. "I say we should go back to where the alien creatures were first found and explain how they were created. No one has ever explained why. I always figured that a battleship carrying bio-mechanical organisms that could be weapons was sent into space with some space jockey who didn't last long."
    http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=11312
    The need to leave Weaver out. Its time to go in a different direction without the Cloned Alien/Human, that whole story line sucks!

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Personally, I think it would be more interesting to take the story to Earth. But an origin story without Ripley might be good too. As long as they don't do another movie with Ripley in space fighting aliens, any direction should be fine, if done right.

/Mike

3. Brian_J

Brian_J Second Unit

An origin story is probably the ONLY way to go without making some cheasy popcorn flick.

Brian

4. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter