Riding the Bus with my Sister??? CBS 2005. Rosey O'Donnell

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Ryan Wishton, May 3, 2005.

1. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Has anyone seen this movie?

If anyone will be getting an emmy this year, it will be Rosey for her insightful, high reaching, and emotional portrayal in this film.

One of the best performances in the last 10 years.

4 out of 4 stars

2. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Hee! How did they put it in the NY Times review? "Thrillingly embarrassing", I think? :p)

I tuned in for as long as I could stand it, and just have to wonder. Has this woman no one to tell her when she's about to drive right off a cliff?

3. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

I've only heard audio clips on the radio, but I've finally placed what the voice reminds me of;

[​IMG]
    "Rick! Becky Bacharach is coming over. She’s the most popular girl in school, she’s coming over, cuz I told her that we had an indoor pool. I lied Rick! Cover for meeee! Cover for me Riiiiick!"

4. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Rosie was fantastic in this film.

5. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

Howard Stern has been playing clips from that movie all week. He's even been playing prank phone calls a listener made using sound bytes of Rosie's performance. Something about her requesting assistance to buy a toilet seat from a hardware store?

I haven't seen the film, so I have no idea if she was as bad as Howard and company seem to think.

6. John Mansor

John Mansor Stunt Coordinator

I haven't seen it either but it sure seems like she is overacting in her voice. I really don't get the recent portrayals of actors playing mentally handicapped characters (i.e. Sean Penn). A lot of times it is overdone and probably insulting to persons that are mentally handicapped. Aren't there some mentally handicapped actors that could play these roles?

7. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

There's a hilarious recap of this--train wreck?--right here .

Warning: The link is probably pretty politically incorrect, but it's making more fun of O'Donnell than anything else. If that's not your cup of tea, don't come complaining about the content.

8. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Trust me: the sanctimonious tone that Hefferman decries is absolutely necessary for the full-flowering of the humor in this film... just think about those uncontrollable giggle-fits you had as a child in the most inopportune circumstances, and I think you'll understand what I mean!

9. Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom Supporting Actor

Darn it I missed it! Please re-run this tv gods LOL.

10. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Don't you guys know that any portrayal of somebody with a mental or physical handicap is above criticism?