Ride the High Country

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Jon Hertzberg, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    Just saw a print at Film Forum. Loved it. Randolph Scott and Joel McCrea go out in very high style. What is the latest status from WB? I need this in my collection.

2. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

During the chat they said that the Peckinpah boxset will be coming out in 2006. I can't wait!

3. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    ...February 2006 is the scuttlebutt.

This is from the Criterion Forum:

I attended the screening at The American Cinematheque in LA last night. Paul Seydor, Nick Redman, and several other Peckinpah fanatics were there. They said:

1. That Warners is working on a Peckinpah box set
    2. The box set will contain all of Warner's Peckinpah holdings: The Wild Bunch, Cable Hogue, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, Ride the High Country, and The Getaway
    3. That the DVD and box set have been delayed and will be released 1 year from now in Feb. 2006
    4. To much astonishment, Nick Redman said that the Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid DVD will contain a NEW cut of the film. How this will differ from Roger Spottiswood's extended cut from the mid-80's was not indicated
    5. Nick Redman's new doc about The Wild Bunch (A Simple Adventure Story) will be on the Wild Bunch DVD
    6. We were shown the new trailer for Colombia's rerelease of Major Dundee. LQ Jones nararates the trailer. It's kind of a lame trailer, but the picture quality and the bits of the new score were excellent. I can't wait for this.

4. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    Thanks the info, John & Jay. I've now seen that Major Dundee trailer more times than any person probably should, having been to a fair share of the "Essential Westerns" screenings at Film Forum, which just concluded.