RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonPritchett, Jun 5, 2002.

1. JasonPritchett

Have there been any rumors about MGM releasing Sam Peckinpah's RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY on DVD? With all the other westerns and catalog titles they've been releasing lately, it seems odd that this one is still sitting on the shelf.

2. Rain

Rain Producer

I'd love to see this on DVD, but haven't heard anything.

Unfortunately, if it belongs to MGM, any eventual DVD is very likely to look like crap. I doubt they'll bother to give it SE treatment, so that probably means a mediocre transfer at best.

3. Matthew Kiernan

Matthew Kiernan Stunt Coordinator

I believe Warners owns RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY now. Boy, I sure would like to see that one on DVD.

4. Rain

Rain Producer

5. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Jason,
    I started a petition for more Westens on DVD in the Studio Feedback forum.
    If you'd like to join in feel free and click Here

6. David Lawrence

David Lawrence Stunt Coordinator

I would love to see this on DVD too; there's a thread in the Studio feedback forum right now (see my sig) for classic westerns and others have expressed interest in this title too. I've not posted my support for this title there yet since I'm still working on my list [​IMG].

7. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I would love a copy of this on DVD. The LD is faded and has no chapter-stops (though is thankfully widescreen).

8. Rain

Rain Producer

To name but a few:
    Tom Jones
    The Apartment
    Sayonara (2.35:1 and non-anamorphic!)

9. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

10. Rain

Rain Producer

They may have improved slightly. Or at least there have been no fiascos as great as those I mentioned in recent months.
    However, their output is still consistently the least impressive among the major studios. And none of their non-SE catalogue releases even holds a candle to Warner's. Not even close.
    In any case, this is going to be my last comment on this issue, since we are going off topic. [​IMG]
    The topic is Ride the High Country on DVD. I'd like to see it on DVD. I'm confident that, when they release it, Warner will once again knock my socks off (I swear I almost fell off the sofa watching She Wore a Yellow Ribbon last night--wow!)
    Oh yeah, I do agree about Fox Lorber. In fact, I have boycotted their product altogether.

11. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

If this does get released, let's just hope the transfer isn't on par with that of Cross of Iron. Now THAT transfer was crap...

Anyway, count me in as wanting this one.