What's new

Riddick - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This film confused me in its structure, but the dialogue was half-way entertaining, even if only for some Santana (mercenary looking for Riddick) scenery chewing at time, and some scenes of cheesy explosive tension. I liked the environmental backdrop, even with the crazy depth of focus being forever in a lot of the shots. Kudos on the Sackhoff wash-up scene. Riddick had some nutty ways to dispatch folks.Would have liked it better if it wasn't so bloated in some early spots, and then the rest of the film just didn't have a good plotline to sustain my interest as I would have liked.I give it 2.75 stars , or a grade of B-.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Saw this yesterday. Back to basics for the series, and it redeems it from the awful "Chronicles of Riddick" for me.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
Gratuitous full female nudity in the Necromonger scenes. A little bit of Katee Sackoff in the buff. Worth the price of admission for me.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Better then I expected. It was much more in line with Pitch Black and quickly dispensed with Chronicles of Riddick in the first few minutes. I thought Sackoff was great all the way throughout and her performance was a lot of fun. The script had some problems, and the opening segment seemed to run long (him building a tolerance for venom) but after that, it was good.

Still, would have been better about 10 minutes shorter shaved off that sequence.

B-

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I liked it too. Love the Riddick character. I really liked Chronicles too. Guilty pleasure.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Freddie Z said:
Gratuitous full female nudity in the Necromonger scenes. A little bit of Katee Sackoff in the buff. Worth the price of admission for me.
For this alone, I will be watching it when it comes to video or cable, which ever comes first! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks