What's new

Rick and Morty - Season 5 (Adult Swim) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
More Noob Noob incoming!

Spinoff web-series focusing on The Vindicators has been ordered by Adult Swim:

Answer the Vindibeacon and join your old pals Supernova, Vance Maxiumus, Alan Rails, Crocubot, and Noob Noob as they fight crime, avert genocides and yuk it up without Rick and Morty. The Vindicators is executive produced by Erica Rosbe, Sarah Carbiener, Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"You just haaaaaaad to touch the ocean..."

Goddam Morty packing HEAT nuking that castle

Absolute banger of a season-opener. According to the writers, Mr. Nimbus has been a favorite character of theirs that they’ve been wanting to introduce for a long time. He was originally meant to appear in an earlier episode (where he died), but it was unfortunately scrapped.

Morty calmly golfing in the opening credits fucking killed me. Because it was too normal. Way too normal for this show. Now I wanna know everything about that particular moment in his life. Canonical backstory needed!

And nice callback to the Ricklantis-episode, and Rick D-Day'n dat MERMAID PUSS.

(Also: Nintendo 69. “I just 69 Nintendos all day, bro.”)

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That episode was perfect Rick Amd Morty insanity.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Amazing episode!

It's like the sci-fi Criterion Collection exploded all over the show. Loved every second.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Christianity again AFTER cowboys?!?"

PUPPET JERRY TURNED INTO A DAM, LIVES LONG ENOUGH TO BE MADE A MIRROR BY WOODPECKERS, BURNED, TURNED INTO A CROSS, ALL SET TO MUSIC FROM HIGHLANDER

what is even happening lmao

This is one of those episodes that either people will absolutely love, or absolutely hate. This for me was an "absolutely love." It was also both clever and on the nose that the beginning of the episode had that Rick and Morty going off to kill God, and then of course all the loops of who-created-who-so-who-or-what-is-God-the-Creator-if-everything-created-everything-from-being-created-in-the-image-of-the-creator-of-that-version-but-the-creator-was-created-by-a-different-Rick, etc...

Also, Rick’s “secret” passwords are hilarious:

80085 (B00BS)

8==D

Last edited:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Christianity again AFTER cowboys?!?"

PUPPET JERRY TURNED INTO A DAM, LIVES LONG ENOUGH TO BE MADE A MIRROR BY WOODPECKERS, BURNED, TURNED INTO A CROSS, ALL SET TO MUSIC FROM HIGHLANDER

what is even happening lmao

This is one of those episodes that either people will absolutely love, or absolutely hate. This for me was an "absolutely love." It was also both clever and on the nose that the beginning of the episode had that Rick and Morty going off to kill God, and then of course all the loops of who-created-who-so-who-or-what-is-God-the-Creator-if-everything-created-everything-from-being-created-in-the-image-of-the-creator-of-that-version-but-the-creator-was-created-by-a-different-Rick, etc...

Also, Rick’s “secret” passwords are hilarious:

80085 (B00BS)

8==D

i have to watch this one again. Admittedly I had a hard time following it

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Some episodes cast a wide net in terms of their references and jumping off points, but this one was pretty squarely targeted to late Gen Xers and early Millennials who grew up watching Captain Planet. Casting Steve Buscemi as the grownup Wheeler analogue was genius. And when the Planeteers (Tina-teers?) tried to off Morty, it was a good reminder that he's not an ordinary schoolboy. He's been around multiple universes on some crazy ass adventures with Rick, and he's picked up some serious skills along the way. Morty may be a poorly educated and frequently incompetent moron, but you underestimate him at your own risk.

Rick and Summer going on an adventure instead, primarily in an attempt by Rick to make Morty jealous, was also fun. Especially since Summer is in many ways a teenage girl version of Rick, as demonstrated when she casually saved an entire planet just to prove a point.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So disappointing to have to go to work the next day after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks