Rick and Morty - Season 4 (Adult Swim)

Thomas Newton

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Thomas Newton
And the detail...one of the 1985 MIT-snakes has a shirt with the rainbow Apple-logo, but it's a half-peeled banana.
Snake Hitler and his followers are venomous rattlesnakes. (European adders or vipers might have been more geographically correct, but rattlesnakes are universally recognizable.)

The arms of the swastikas are snake heads, complete with visible eyes and tongues.

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
New episodes start May 3. Not sure how many we get this time.

Malcolm R

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks awesome. I believe that Season 4 is a full ten episodes, and Cartoon Network is just choosing to air in two halves.

Jeff Loveness recently left the show, and he posted a photo of the five scripts he wrote or co-wrote:
View attachment 63868
This photo tells us two things:
  1. There are at least eight episodes in Season 4, since he's a writer on 4x08.
  2. The production rolled right into production on Season 5, rather than the usual lengthy delay between seasons.
They must be showing these in a different order than they were written. The only Loveness episode ("Claw and Horder: Special Ricktim's Morty") in the first five eps of Season 4 was broadcast as Episode 4, though it's marked as 401 on the script (top left in the pic).

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
The midseason premiere was a deconstructionist thrill ride that didn't hold together at all but wasn't really any the lesser for its inconsistencies.

I did not expect a COVID-19 joke. They had to have inserted that fairly late in the game.

Josh Dial

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh Dial
I thought episode six was one of the best episodes of the entire series. It was like pure distilled Dan Harmon.

Also the animation looked really good. I loved the colours and shading/highlighting.

TJPC

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We have usually found this show hilarious (We still laugh about “snake jazz”), but found this last show basically confusing, not to say incomprehensible. It was almost as if numerous formerly cut out scenes were assembled in random order with no organization or continuity at all. I hope the next ones are better.

joshEH

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh
It might be getting schmaltzier, in its own awesomely-fucked-up Dan Harmonesque way, but those alien bug-soldiers having petty little arguments has never stopped being funny.

joshEH

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh
Just giving up on having an invisible truck 30 seconds in to trying to find the gas tank was wonderful. I felt so seen.

Reactions: Adam Lenhardt

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP2