What's new

Richard Kiel's Jaws: First appearance? (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was watching Silver Streak recently and was surprised to see Richard Kiel as a henchman with metal teeth. Silver Streak came out in 1976, a year before The Spy Who Loved Me. The metal teeth in Silver Streak look the same as the ones he wore in Spy and Moonraker. The character was called "Reace" in SS, but is essentially the same -- a hired goon. So did the Bond producers see Silver Streak and say "Get that guy - teeth and all - and put him in the next Bond movie" ?

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
His character is based on the Fleming book, The Spy Who Loved Me's henchman, Horror, who also had metal teeth. More of a coincidence then anything.

John CW

Supporting Actor
So the character in Silver Streak was based on an Ian Flemming character? Or it's just an unimaginative co-incidence that they hired the same actor to play a similar character?

I never knew this!

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams

What I had meant to say was Jaws from The Spy Who Loved Me was based on Horror, not his character in Silver Streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks