What's new

Richard Gray Power Company 400 (1 Viewer)

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
A great intro unit into the Richard Gray line of power conditioners. It has a four hubbell outlets and is in great condition (they are built like a safe).

I found the most improvement in video. Great for LCD, DLP and plasma projectors/displays for an increase in contrast through better black levels and more saturated colors. My CCRT also benefited in an increase in sharpness and detail.

http://www.richardgrayspowercompany.com/

They sell on Audiogon for an avg of $450. So I'll start there before going to Audiogon. It weights about 40 pds and will be shipped from zip 64112 (for shipping calculations).

I am liquidating some power conditioning products to help pay for a new projector. I'll also sell a BPT balanced power unit (2.5 model), but that won't be for a couple of weeks.

Ron Boster

Steve Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to say some this re Ron.
I've bought plenty of stuff from the internet (mostly e-bay) and the stuff I got from Ron here was quality and as advertised. Not only that it was an ultrasmooth transaction and Ron came across as truly proffesional and a real nice guy.
Good luck with your sales Ron.

Steve
BTW I'm interested in the BPT but I've got a pile of other stuff happening now.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Steve: Wow, thanks for the very kind words. You are a credit to this site....plus, I've enjoyed our conversations about HT.

Let me know if things change on your end....I'm not in a hurry to sell the BPT, so I'm pretty flexable on the timing.

Ron

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Money has been received, so sale completed. I've also sold the BPT Ultra 2.

I do have a standard BPT Balanced power conditioner for sale, which has been modified with extra filtering and brass feet by Alan Maher of Perfect Cable. It also includes his "snake" power cord. Total value of the package is $1100. I'll sell for $500 + shipping.

I also have a varic (outputs a steady voltage) has one outlet. Purchased on ebay for $135 a couple of months ago. I'll sell for $100 + shipping. The meter isn't fully accurate, so you'll want to use a radio shack meter (which I'll throw in for free) to varify the output.

Ron Boster

PS: The BPT is a 20 amp version. Make sure you have 20 amp outlets!!!!

NickCzar

Auditioning
Does it also act as a line conditioner?

From what I read, it acts more as a voltage/current reservoir (seems as if it may basically be a capacitor bank with other components) to keep a constant voltage/current level to all components on the circuit?

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
NIck:

I assume you are asking about the variac.....if so, it does ast as a voltage stabilizer....Monster 2000 and the top end PS Audio products have voltage stabilizers and all the other bells etc (PS AUDIO is a power regenerator too, which is what you are paying for).

I added a variac to my system as a low cost alternative to a whole new component. So I had the variac plugged into the wall. The BPT plugged into the variac, so it would received a stable amount of voltage (since I monitored the voltage over a period of weeks and noticed it swing up and down).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks