What's new

Richard Donner working on Michael Crichton's Timeline? (1 Viewer)

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Upon the release of Superman on dvd, I read an interview with Donner in a magazine. He was asked what his next project was and mentioned bringing this book to film. Has anyone heard any more of this? I would so love to see this book brought to life on the big screen, especially if he's going to do it.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
I loved this book! Richard Donner would be great to direct this film. However, there are a few elements of the story that I'm not sure would be easily implemented in a film.

For example:

The characters need special earpieces to translate the ancient dialect spoken by the people in the past. In the book, this was an important part of the story, but I'm not sure if we will be hearing ancient English spoken in a film.

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Filmforce has got a whole section up about the Timeline movie(including a script review) here: Link Removed. Fingers crossed that this turns out, unlike Donner's last few flicks, to be a good film.
Richard

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I loved the book and thought it was one of Mr. Crichton's best.
Can't wait to see it. Thanks for that update Michael.:)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see they finally found a location! Should be a solid flick. One of Crichton's best in a while!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks