What's new

Richard Diamond, Private Detective (1 Viewer)

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
Brian Ward of Shout Factory said that Richard Diamond, private detective will be release in seasons sets starting this spring, GREAT NEWS. MaskedMala

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
While I hope this is the truth, I have to question whether or not the "B Ward" that posted that info is the real Brian Ward. The poster called "B Ward" set up the account just yesterday under that name, while the guy I know for a fact is the real Brian Ward has continued to post under his 2007 account, including posts earlier today. So while it might be the real deal, I'm not buying it just yet.

Gary "I'm almost positive this is fake news from a fake poster at the Shout boards" O.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Would definitely buy this if that is the case. I wonder what this means for other Four-Star Productions such as The Rogues? By the way, where did you read this Maurice?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
This was a fake. The message has been taken down from the Shout board.

Gary "hate to be the bearer of bad news" O.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thanks for clearing that up - that person should really find a proper hobby...

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
there are a couple of trolls over at Shout Factory. Fake Brian and eric. Do not pay any attention to them.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
The sponsor of Season 1 of Richard Diamond, Private Detective was Maxwell House, as can be seen in these opening credits.

Wikipedia says that the sponsor of Season 2 was Kent Cigarettes. Can anyone verify this? I've never seen opening credits featuring Kent Cigarettes.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Crap. I saw this thread picked up and got excited for a minute thinking maybe there was some news on a release. One of the the last of my grail shows left. Doubt there is a chance on this one at this point. B/W releases few and far between today.

As an aside, I always thought this (as well as Tightrope) would have been good choices for Timeless.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Frank Soyke said:
Crap. I saw this thread picked up and got excited for a minute thinking maybe there was some news on a release.

Crap. I saw this reply and got excited for a minute thinking maybe someone had answered my question about the Season 2 opening.

One man's crap is another man's legitimate question.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
rjd0309 said:
Crap. I saw this reply and got excited for a minute thinking maybe someone had answered my question about the Season 2 opening.

One man's crap is another man's legitimate question.
Just to be clear, there was no offense intended there my man. I wasn't implying your post was crap. I was just saying when I saw a thread about one of my remaining grail shows, I had hopes that someone had news that this long neglected gem was going to be released. That's all.

But thanks all the same for the smart*** unnecessary reply.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Back in 2008, when as a fan I was restoring Fugitive episodes, which others were subsequently posting on the Internet, a die-hard Janssen fan sent me the complete run of Richard Diamond on DVD (episodes recorded off TV) and asked me to restore the music. I wrote back saying I was unaware (and unqualified to know) of any changes. I still have the set. Does anyone know of music issues with the syndicated episodes?

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Frank Soyke said:
Just to be clear, there was no offense intended there my man. I wasn't implying your post was crap. I was just saying when I saw a thread about one of my remaining grail shows, I had hopes that someone had news that this long neglected gem was going to be released. That's all.

But thanks all the same for the smart*** unnecessary reply.

Thanks for the clarification. No offense taken, my man. And thanks for your own smart*** reply.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
rjd0309 said:
Thanks for the clarification. No offense taken, my man. And thanks for your own smart*** reply.
Honestly, I had no malice toward you with my initial post and there was nothing smart about either of my responses, but both of your posts clearly are trying to make fun of the way I phrase things and the way I write by mimicking me. Anyone who reads a post simply titled (insert name of desired show here) might be tempted to think there is news of a possible impending release and might be a little disappointed to open it and find otherwise. It's not as if it was titled Richard Diamond Question or something. Anyway, I never intended to disparage your question in any way, but you decided to be nasty immediately by imitating my phrasing.

I find you rude, sir!

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you either.

But you have a passive-aggressive way of responding, by sounding civil at first, then ending with an insult (by calling me rude or a smart***). Such insults will elicit a response from me.

However, this is not the way to win friends or influence people. Time for both of us to stop, now.

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
rjd0309 said:
Wikipedia says that the sponsor of Season 2 was Kent Cigarettes. Can anyone verify this? I've never seen opening credits featuring Kent Cigarettes.
When Lorillard sponsored the RICHARD DIAMOND series, Janssen did on-camera ads "in character" wearing his black fedora. His pitch would end with his lighting a cigarette and this segued into the end credits. One, from season three, began "The payoff in my work is finding out the facts ..." and continued with Janssen singing Kent's praises. http://davidjanssen.net/CreditsCommercialsAds.htm

Sky King

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
rjd0309 said:
The sponsor of Season 1 of Richard Diamond, Private Detective was Maxwell House, as can be seen in these opening credits.

I have a 16mm print of Richard Diamond Privare Detective.

The sponsor on this print was P. Lorrilard (cigarette co.) and Newport cigarettes was featured.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
Carabimero said:
Back in 2008, when as a fan I was restoring Fugitive episodes, which others were subsequently posting on the Internet, a die-hard Janssen fan sent me the complete run of Richard Diamond on DVD (episodes recorded off TV) and asked me to restore the music. I wrote back saying I was unaware (and unqualified to know) of any changes. I still have the set. Does anyone know of music issues with the syndicated episodes?

Does the set contain all 77 episodes, including "missing" ones like The Homicide Habit?

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Sky King said:
I have a 16mm print of Richard Diamond Privare Detective.

The sponsor on this print was P. Lorrilard (cigarette co.) and Newport cigarettes was featured.

Thank you for that info about Newport cigarettes.

Which episode do you have on 16mm film? If it is a season 2 episode, then it may indicate that the Wikipedia statement regarding Kent cigarettes may be incorrect. I find it unlikely that a series would accept sponsorship from two cigarette brands at the same time.

You haven't transferred that 16mm print to any digital format, have you? It would be nice to see an original print...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks